Purchased the Stoker WIFI last Wednesday.

DarrickC

I noticed on the website it states it can take 3-5 buisness days to ship.

To my surprise, It shipped last Thursday and is out for delivery today!

That's a valid excuse to leave work early, right? :)

Congratulations Darrick.
btw, this past weekend was the Sam Club contest in Sacramento, CA. All top 3 pitmasters used Stokers !!!

And yes... great reason... ;)

Darrick,

Welcome to the wonderful world of ATC! I too have a Stoker and LOVE IT!! Well worth the price tag! Have fun and good luck.

Tim

I was able to connect the Stoker to my network but I'm struggling to connect from outside my network.

I've set my Netgear Router R6300 to forward to the static IP of the stoker. I've tried Port 80 to same port, I've tried port 3100 to 3100. I've tried 3100 to 80. But nothing works.

I turned off my phones wifi connection, then used it's LTE connection to connect to my external IP using the following format: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3100 or what ever port I had set to forward.

Any suggestions? My ISP (Mediacom) claims they do not block any ports and I have just a standard modem.

Darrick

I'm in the same boat.....I've never been able to access the Stoker outside my WiFi area. Would love to see if anyone knows how this works. Maybe try giving Rock's BBQ a call and see if they can help.

Tim

Yay! I can now monitor my stoker from anywhere!

On the stoker wifi.html page I set the stoker to a static IP. 192.168.1.110
Subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
Gateway and DNS are the same IP as my router. 192.168.1.1

Then on my router I made the stoker a static IP matching the 192.168.1.110

Port forward 80 to 192.168.1.110 for Web access..
Then I forwarded the telnet port to the stoker. This was so I could access it with some of the apps..

I think stoker log needs some other ports opened as it can't connect from outside my network but I'll work on that later..

Cool stuff!

Darrick,

Congrats and thanks so much for sharing. I'm going to try to make this happen for mine as well because I want to use my BBQ Monitor app while in the boat this summer. Thanks again!

Tim

I've changed the default 80 incoming port to a random number and forwarded it to Stoker at port 80. I guess not all routers can forward from one port to another, but on mine I can. This way, a standard web browser pointing at my external IP address wont see my stoker page. You'll need the correct port as well. So, I have to type in the browser bar (just a random IP for an example) 55.55.11.23:5079 Format is IPADDRESS:pORT is the format. Works great!

Back