Hi from the nations capital - canada

Phil V

TVWBB Member
Hey guys,

I just got my first wsm (used) last summer. I compete and have run an amateur circuit using kettles. We won 2 GC's and this year I am doing 2 pro comps.

I really love my wsm - I have modded the thing - double charcoal grate, handles on the main cook body, handles on the lower grate.
I am just about to add a hole for a meat probe and am just waiting for my step-drill bit to arrive. I hope I found a unique way to make the grommet style feature. I will be plugging it with a cork.

I hope that I can learn from the people who use this cooker and that I can help contribute with some of my experiences.

I am a proud father of 2 boys, and am married to an awesome lady. She lets me run 1/2 marathons, fish and BBQ.

Thanks guys!!!

Welcome aboard neighbour. You compete at the Gloucester Fair?

Yessir.
My team name is P&R Sweet Heat.
We will (hopefully) be teaming up with another guy (for the pro comp) with whom I am going to Roc City with in May.
Do you compete Bob? Which team?

Yessir.
My team name is P&R Sweet Heat.
We will (hopefully) be teaming up with another guy (for the pro comp) with whom I am going to Roc City with in May.
Do you compete Bob? Which team?

I keep meaning to do the amateur at the fair but never get around to it.

I keep meaning to do the amateur at the fair but never get around to it.

There is a whole circuit, called the AVC that the CSBBQA puts on. They have a schedule on their website. Maybe one can fit in your schedule...

Also, STTB will be in august this year. Hopefully the date change fits you better?

Its a ton of fun!

Back