Grilled Turkey Thighs

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I haven’t seen turkey thighs in the commissary until the other day. I picked up one package and decided that would be
Sunday’s cook. This morning I injected both with Louisiana Cajun Butter and hit the skins with some kosher salt to try
and dry them out some. They were put back into the refrigerator for a few hours.

I seasoned the thighs with Simply Marvelous Cherry rub and got a couple of bakers ready for the grill.

The bakers put onto the Performer, using KBB and a few chunks of cherry wood.

Potatoes took about an hour and a half to finish. The thighs were put on the grill skin side down to start.

Since my wife was out of town when I did my Bacon Jalapeno Popper Twice Baked potatoes, she requested that I make
them. Here they are getting ready to go back onto the grill. I used my smoked Pepper Jack cheese this time instead of
the Colby/Monterrey Jack I used last. I plan on putting them back on the grill while the turkey thighs are resting.

Thighs are done!

Potatoes back on the grill!

Potatoes are done!

Here’s your plate!

I definitely will be doing these again. Very flavorful, moist and with edible skin.

Thanks for looking!

Looks fantastic Mike. Great picture quality too. I love that Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub. It is dynamite on ribs too.

Nice Mike. Next time the wife goes out of town, I am inviting myself to dinner! Those taters are right up my alley.

No turkey thighs for sale here but if they are ever available I would love to try. Really nice looking dinner. Love those potatoes!

Back