Funny story...

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
As long as I'm answering questions, I want to tell you guys a funny story that happened to me a couple of years ago.

When I was working for EMC, I went on a business trip to Las Vegas. I flew out of San Francisco Int'l Airport and parked in long-term parking. When I arrived, the garage was full and they had this weird system in which they tell you the garage is full as you drive up to it, give you a couple of sheets of paper, and have you drive back out the gate, across the street, and into an overflow lot. Some of you SF Bay Area people may know what I'm talking about.

I thought the process was ridiculous. When I got back home, I wrote a letter to the airport authority asking why not put up a sign right at the parking approach sending people directly to the overflow lot?

Several days later, I got a nice letter on SFO letterhead from someone in the parking division, explaining that they agreed and hoped to fix the problem someday.

The letter continued onto the back of the page...and when I turned it over, it said something like:

"And if this is from the Chris Allingham of The Virtual Weber Bullet, thanks for your great barbecue website!"

I was absolutely floored!

Chris when I was new to BBQ you offered up a few bags of the "yet-to-be-released" Kingsford Competition charcoal to anyone who would meet you in San Jose. I happened to be driving down from Sacramento that weekend and took you up on your generous offer. I have to tell you that I felt very privileged that day to have actually met the awesome Chris Allingham.

Chris when I was new to BBQ you offered up a few bags of the "yet-to-be-released" Kingsford Competition charcoal...
Kingsford gave me about 10 bags of that charcoal to try out, and I figured it would good to spread the wealth! I was happy to share some with you, Steve!

Back