My Son has joined the club! Picture heavy!

My son has been asking for a grill for awhile now. He has also been asking for me to teach him how to cook. So his 10th Birthday was this weekend so we got him a Weber Smokey Joe Silver. It was funny to see how excited he was when he opened the grill. He was also excited i let him cook dinner for everyone on Saturday. He made Stuffed burgers for everyone. I took a few pictures:

Getting his Chimney filled!

Lighting the charcoal:

Just got the burgers on. He listen and didn't drop them while getting them on the grill:

I told him that a cook has to watch his grill even when its cold outside:

First burgers are done! He did great:

He was very happy:

They were very big stuffed burgers. Each burger was a half pound.

Everyone told him they were some of the best burgers they ever tasted. It really made his day and he can't wait to cook again. I think i'll let him make some road side chicken next time without the basting. Should be fun. Thanks for watching!

Serious Business! Great Job!

IMG_1498_zpse972ec3f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh Yah............Happy Birthday!

Last edited:
dang chief. what more could a man ask for. great cook and camaraderie. next thing you know hell be asking for the truck keys.

don't lift the lid little man...

Happy Birthday to your son Mike.

Time to do a father-son project...maybe build a mini-wsm?

Awesome post, I cant wait til my daughter gets older so I can show her the art of smoking! She already has her lil Los Mexi"Q"tioners in training t-shirt ;)

Mike;
Your son will never forget his tenth birthday. You did GOOD!! Looks like that young man is going to be a FINE griller. I would highly encourage you to help him build a Mini-Joe when the time seems right. Great father/son project with a lifetime of cooking satisfaction...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Post of the year!

OUTSTANDING Post Mike!
Thanks For Sharing This With Us!
Brings back BOLD memories when my Dad let me fire up our cheapo patio grill for burgers and dogs... and that was over 45 years ago!
Great Photos!! Great Experience!!

brings tears to my eyes;)

Thats brilliant guys, luv to see the kids grilling...thats how i started out with a smokey joe, although i was 40 when i got it!

happy birthday little grillin dude...well impressed!!

Back