BBQ Temperature Controllers for 14.5

Mike Pypiak

TVWBB Member
Anybody using a Digiq or stoker or something else for a 14.5 WSM? Thinking about purchasing one in the future but not sure if anyone is using one that will fit the 14.5.

On another note - are these things worth the hype? I have been using a Maverick ET-73 digital therm to monitor smoker and food temperatures and after replacing the smoker probe after only one cook I am not impressed. I know the temperature controller is a whole nother level than just knowing the temperatures but seems like it could be ideal for a long cook.

The BBQ Guru Weber adapter should work on the 14.5. Just in case, I would call them to make sure. They have great customer service. IMO, they are well worth it. I compete a lot, so the Guru and Stoker allow me to get some sleep without worry. I even use them when I cook at home.

Very easy to install and use. Just screw the adapter through one of the holes in one of the vents, and then tape the other two holes in that one vent with the provided high heat tape. The just push the fan into the adapter and you are ready to roll.

Last edited:

Back