Help-advice needed on maverick et732

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I just got this 2 months ago...
The food temp is way off. I changed out the batteries and still gave me a high reading on a cook that I just started. I got my old cheap one and it turns out it's off by 100 degrees...

Is there a reset button or trick to fix this or do I need replacements probes already after my 5 times of use..

Thanks...
Tony

Ouch!

My Maverick is the older ET-73. I have had no problems with it despite it being several years old. It passed the boiling water and ice water test and has worked well in the smokers and in the OTG.

Have you contacted Maverick?

Take the food probe and unplug and wipe off the connection end with a paper towel and plug back in. Seemed to do the trick for me. Also contact maverick and they will send you a replacement for just in case.

Ouch!

My Maverick is the older ET-73. I have had no problems with it despite it being several years old. It passed the boiling water and ice water test and has worked well in the smokers and in the OTG.

Have you contacted Maverick?

Not yet........

Take the food probe and unplug and wipe off the connection end with a paper towel and plug back in. Seemed to do the trick for me. Also contact maverick and they will send you a replacement for just in case.

Tried it....
Still of by 100 degrees or so.
My cheap says 107 and maverick says 211

So I called on Monday and Tuesday and had to leave a voicemail since no one was there to answer. Nobody returned my call.

I emailed them my issues and within 15 min I got a response back saying that I will receive a new set of probes and that mine probably shorted out.
So I'm happy.
Hopefully it's the probes and not the devices.

Back