Sams 2014?

Benji Chong

TVWBB Super Fan
Anyone registering for the Sams 2014 Tour? Registration opens tomorrow night I believe. I'm going to try to get into the one in Tampa. Anyone compete in it before?

We are in the Midwest City region which sold out last year in something like 5 minutes, but we'll give it a shot.
We have friends that got in and said it was a blast!

Got into the Tampa local comp! The site crashed right at 8 pm EST when registrations started but it eventually smoothed out and I was able to get confirmation of registration woo hooo!! Good luck to everyone who got in!!

We're in the Overland Park, KS contest. KCBS said it was their spam filters that were the holdup initially, but the IT people changed the restrictions to speed up the process.

Congrats Benji, I will probably drive down for the event, let me know if you need help

Dave

Thanks Dave! If you make it down, def stop by and say hi and have some grub and a frosty beverage perhaps! Look for Team Smok'd Stoopid, I should have my big blue tundra truck next to my tents.

Looks like the Tampa Comp is locked in with only 18 Teams...

Region 1 Local Event: Tampa, FL

Date: February 22, 2014

Confirmed Teams:

Awesome Q
Swamp Boys
Uncle Kennys BBQ
Barn Goddess BBQ
Rob-a-Que
Smok´d Stoopid
Whiskey Bent BBQ
Bamboo Warrior
Wooley Bully "BBQ Mafia"
Smokin Blue Q
BGE Pit Crew
Bull Rush BBQ
Disco Pigs
Good Buddies BBQ
Southern Bred BBQ
TEAM HOLY HOG
Pig Timers
Rebel Hogz BBQ

WoOOO! Good luck everyone!

I've heard it's 19 teams. Jimmy Brode(Everglades Seasoning) has entered.

So I have to ask, if you do make the cut, are you willing to drive the 12 hours each way to the Semis? And then all the way to Arkansas for the Finals? Rub Bagby (Swamp Boys) figures that if a central Florida team were make it all the way to the finals, it would be a total of 58 hours of driving when it's all said and done.

That would be the very last competition I would ever compete in. My 'fun' budget would take years to recover from that.

Anyway, Good Luck! Looks like a pretty class field. Rub, Kenny, Laura, Chad, Damon, and Jimmy. All top competitors.

Russ

I've heard it's 19 teams. Jimmy Brode(Everglades Seasoning) has entered.

So I have to ask, if you do make the cut, are you willing to drive the 12 hours each way to the Semis? And then all the way to Arkansas for the Finals? Rub Bagby (Swamp Boys) figures that if a central Florida team were make it all the way to the finals, it would be a total of 58 hours of driving when it's all said and done.

That would be the very last competition I would ever compete in. My 'fun' budget would take years to recover from that.

Anyway, Good Luck! Looks like a pretty class field. Rub, Kenny, Laura, Chad, Damon, and Jimmy. All top competitors.

Russ

Yea i noticed Everglades got registered to make it 19 after I posted yesterday. Actually, just checked looks like 2 more Teams registered to make it 21! I saw Rubs post on the Brethren and yea that's a lot of mileage going and coming. If I somehow made the Top 6 in the local event in Tampa, I'd have a hard time convincing myself not to make the trip to Mississippi for the Regionals. To me, it'd be almost like one of those once in a lifetime things. We're expecting kid #4 later this year, so who knows if I'll be able to convince the wifey to let me keep competing after this year, so if I qualified, i'd more than likely take the roadtrip.

Benji I will be heading down there sat late morning, look forward to meeting with you if you still don't mind

Back