Ideas for leftovers?

Mike JP

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm heading to mom's tomorrow so not cooking but have a 17 pound bird in the fridge (the free supermarket kind with some kind of 6% injection) that I plan to cook later this week as a dry run for Christmas dinner. Without the typical army to eat it, I'm going to have a lot of leftovers. I expect I will be freezing a bunch. At a minimum, I figure I will shred a bunch and freeze in bbq sauce. What are your favorite leftover ideas? Thanks in advance!

Good luck with everyone's cooks!

I like to place a slice of turkey on a flat top along with a dollop of stuffing to heat them up. I place the hot turkey and dressing along with a slice of cranberry jelly between a roll and dip in some gravy. Great football sammiches.

I like to place a slice of turkey on a flat top along with a dollop of stuffing to heat them up. I place the hot turkey and dressing along with a slice of cranberry jelly between a roll and dip in some gravy. Great football sammiches.

I'm stealin that one for sure!

My wife makes a very good Turkey Tetrazzini with our leftovers every year. In years prior to smoking it was good. Add in the smoked turkey and it is phenomenal.

Be sure to save the carcass and roast it, then make a turkey broth. The broth is great for soup starters and to flavor rice.

Ray

Another one is chop up some turkey, add some cooked rice, gravy and broccoli in a casserole. Top that with some cheese, and pop it in the oven.

Tim

Turkey, avocado, & tomato sandwiches, I'd like to try pot pies. I also like it plain & it always runs out before I have a chance to get too creative.

Wawa (a convenience store chain in the mid-atlantic region) sells that this time of year. They call it "The Gobbler".

Back