Let"s get ready to rumble!!!!

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
My first fattie, and this bad boy turned out awesome! of course, that's a little biased opinion. I took 1# of BE's breakfast sausage and placed in a ziplock and flattened. Toni started sauteing some homemade homefries in the salvaged CI. This consisted of chopped green pepper, onion, two cloves of garlic and a couple of Yukon Golds. A little butter hit the pan to get things going then some Janes Crazy Mixed Up seasoning for a little flavor.

This all went back into the fridge to cool while the bacon weave got going. After which the sausage was placed onto the weave and a generous ammount of the homefries on top of that and some cheddar cheese on top of that and a couple of scrambled chickies on top of that.

This was tightly rolled and some leftover sausage and bacon was used to plug some holes. It sat in the fridge until this afternoon chores were completed.

After the chores were done and the 22"WSM was assembled I used some Humphrey's lump and a couple pieces of apple wood. I also used a water pan with water in it. I don't think I have enough crud built up and didn't want to chase temps for two hours and it worked. It went down to 288 but came right into 300 for most of the cook.

I used the lump because I wanted a be able to get to higher temps and this was only going to take an hour or two from what I have read. I wanted to run at 300 for about two hours at least.

It pretty much ran at that temp for the time it needed. I pulled it when it hit 170 and brought in and let rest. Boy was I ever impressed with my first go around.

After the rest I sliced this log of love open to take a peek and man, was I pleased.

Will I do another one of these?......oh yes I will. I'm thinking an Italian version for the next but until then...it's breakfast fattie for breakfast all this week.
Hey Mike!.....You're up!
Hey Tony!...how about a version from you and your style of cooking? Toni and I could eat that food everyday!

Thanks for looking everyone! We hope you all have a FAN TASTIC week!!

Last edited:
After the rest I sliced this log of love open to take a peek and man, was I pleased.

015_zps371ecb74.jpg

Well, it's no wonder Gene. It does look awesome!

What a coincidence . " log of love " is my wife's pet name for me....wait....or is it " bump on a log"?
Well , never mind that....great looking fattie!

Gene your looks great. Wish that I had been able to attend Baconweaving 101! If I were going to
try one it would be like the one you have just presented to us, but I might change out the potato
chunks for hash browns inside. And since I missed the bacon class, mine will have to go inside too!

That's it...you did it...I've been avoiding making a fattie but our next football brunch and it's on!!

Nice Gene!!

Another fine looking fatty post!!! You and Mike need to start a How to make a fatty 101 for us amateurs!!!

Absolutely an outstanding fattie Gene!
And killer pics too!

Glad that I don't have to vote for yours or Mike's, since they both are things of beauty!

Back