Not so dangerous Apple Pie

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
When I was in the Navy I lost a few days after an Everclear evening, so this is my take on Apple Pie without Everclear.
It's still strong enough, but not stupid strong.

1 gallon apple cider
1/2 gallon apple juice
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 cinnamon sticks
6 cloves
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 liters of 151 vodka
1 liter of vanilla vodka (90 proof)
12oz Captain Morgan's Black (I filled my beer bottle) You don't need this, but I had in the fridge.
2 Fuji apples (or any firm crispy apple)
Mason jars with lids. I ended up with just over 3 1/2 gallons.

Put the cider, juice, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and vanilla into a LARGE pot (remember all that booze has to fit when it cools)
bring it up to a simmer stirring occasionally.
Let it simmer for about half an hour or so. The longer you simmer the stronger the cinnamon flavor gets.
Turn off the heat, and let cool down
Once its cooled remove the cinnamon sticks and break them into pieces about an inch long and add one piece to each mason jar.
Cut the apples into thin slices and add a half slice to each mason jar.
Add the booze to the pot and stir.
I used a coffee cup to ladle the concoction into the mason jars leaving about a quarter inch of air on top. Just make sure to pick out any cloves I don't think you'd want them in the mason jars.
Put the lids on the mason jars and put in the fridge till good and cold.
Drink at your own digression, trust me it's still stronger than it tastes. No driving after this stuff for sure.

Let me know how you like it.

Thanks for sharing your recipe, Mark! I will make a batch of this for hunting season for some "anti-freeze" once we get back to the camp :cool:

Back