BACON made easy

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Here is a BIG shout out and THANKS to Bob, Wolgast & Geir for their help in schooling me in bacon & side meat. Here is our first pork belly being sliced up looks good I think.
Sunday after we did the birthday ribs on the egg, I shut the egg down had to wait about 2.5 hrs until the temp dropped to 150. Opened up the egg threw in 3 Kingsford smoke house charcoals hickory of course also threw in soaked hickory chips. Threw on the pork belly at this time it is getting dark & cold out too. The egg held 150 for the next 2-2.5 hrs and smoked the pork belly perfect to 145. Nothing for holding the temp like a egg. Cooled down for 1 hr and into the fridge for overnight. This morning sliced it up. Also had to try some. DELICIOUS!!! Brown sugar hickory flavor was spot on. Once again thanks guys for you input. Will be doing this many more times in the future.
Russ & Deb

You just can't beat homemade bacon. I also followed the recipe by Bob using Tender Quick.
I did order Pink salt to compare the difference. Thanks for sharing Russ.
Chuck.

Russ, you're done finito my friend! There's no going back either. Those guys are the bacon kings! Great looking bacon and thanks for sharing!

I normally don't reply to no grill pics but Russ your bacon looks super..I gotta get some slabs curing here pretty quick!

Nice looking bacon!

Back