Early Thanksgiving Dinner ---------> Tri Tips & Chicken Legs

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Daughter and son-in-law will be in Hawaii this Thanksgiving, so we invited them here yesterday for a little family gathering.
It was a beautiful fall day.

IMGP8957.JPG

Perfect for cooking on the Santa Maria.

IMGP8906.JPG

Kept the patio door open, so I built a fire in the man-cave to keep the guests warm.

IMGP8919.JPG

Started with 10 legs, marinated in Wicker's, and breaded with Andy's seasoned chicken breading.

IMGP8914.JPG

Gaucho Bob at the grill.
(never leave your camera where your daughter can find it)

IMGP8928.JPG

Legs are about done.

IMGP8920.JPG

IMGP8940.JPG

Bring on the beef.
Two tri tips with Oakridge Santa Maria rub.

IMGP8947.JPG

Sample time for me, son, and daughter.
IMGP8955.JPG

Sitting at ease while the cheesy potato casserole finishes in the oven.

IMGP8958.JPG

at my pic limit, more below.

My plate with the casserole, plus 7 layer and pea salads.

IMGP8963.JPG

Rave reviews always makes the cook feel great!

This mornings TT egg McBob.

IMGP8965.JPG

Happy early Thanksgiving everyone!

Thanks guys!

Modesty kept me from posting this shot, but my daughter took it and now it's her favorite pic of me.

IMGP8934-001.JPG

Ok last post i will reply on today! Your pics is always the greatest. Cooking wise you NEVER let me down. no one can touch you Bob! SIMPLY PERFECT!

My gosh, that is some great stuff there, Mr. Correll ! Loved ALL your photos, sure looks like you had great weather for putting together that culinary masterpiece! :) Seriously good-looking eats!

I like the gaucho look !!

IMGP8934-001.JPG

No wants or warrants. Dug deeper into google and found that this person is a known great cook. Also found out he invented a sandwich. I tried google earth to confirm he purchased the tri tips from Costco but came up with nothing.

See folks!
I told you Bob Correll's a Cool Dude! I don't make this **** up;)

Bob, Great Photos (ALL of them!) And Great Cookin'! You ARE a MASTER!!

Tri tip egg McBob is a great idea. Glad you though of it, so now I can try it.
Your chicken looked good too Bob.

I like the "Cowboy Bob" look myself. As for the cook, doesn't mater what your using, it always turns out good! And great pictures to prove it!

Bob, tremendous cook and pics as usual...I'm a bit jealous of the SM grill. Hmmm...seems your daughter knows how to snap a photo or two!! Excellent!

Bob, I always enjoy your posts. You seem like one cool dude and know how to enjoy life. Love the photo of fall colors changing. Here in So Cal, we don't get the season changes like the rest of the country...but we sacrifice for pleasant weather year round. Keep those posts coming. I like to learn from your cooks!

Back