Weber Gas or...

Jeff Wildrick

TVWBB Fan
I've got a Silver B that I've been using at home, but now I plan to put it into service at a vacation rental property that we own. This means it's time to buy a new gas grill for home use!
icon_smile.gif

I know Weber is a quality product, and I like my Silver B, but it's missing some features I'd like to have. In particular, I think it would be nice to have an infrared burner for rotisserie cooking - something Weber doesn't seem to offer.

I regularly grill for a family of five (that is, when I'm not using my WSM and smokin!).

Is there another great grill other than Weber that will give me what I want - maybe even at a lower price? If you didn't have a Weber, what would you buy?

Jeff

i think a weber is about the only way to go. those burners are neat but $$$$ and folks have done just fine without them.

I would keep my Weber at home and buy one of the cheaper grills for the rental property.

I'm like George - I spend a lot of my spare time looking at grills and I've yet to find one for which I would trade my Weber. A good friend of ours has a Napoleon that I know was quite expensive. She asks me to cook on it whenever we cook out at her house. Its nice and well made, but I still prefer my Weber.

If you want, you can send me your Weber and I'll send you a Charbroil Quick-set for your rental!

Pat

The Summit line offers an infrared burner with an included rotisserie.

It comes on the 4 burner or 6 burner models with the colored porcelain exterior or stainless steel. This year they have introduced the tuck away rotisserie system which looks extremely convenient. I'd stick with a Weber.

Back