Pineapple Ribs with some Tradition thrown in

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So had my Mom out today, made her something special she does not get to have much.

Got the WSM started with Lump and some left over Stubbs and some Pecan doing a 275 degree cook

DSC_0584_zps9cec9092.jpg

Got my St. Louie's trimmed up and rubbed with Three Little Pigs Cherry

DSC_0585_zps37aff489.jpg

It's 5 PM somewhere

DSC_0588_zps7dc1708c.jpg

So my Mom who is 86 is out with me and the CEO today making a sixty year tradition she started, her recipe Fruit Cake which is incredible.
Here is the CEO and my Mom, 140 years of superb cooking experience right there.

DSC_0587_zps87d5e0b4.jpg

About two and a half hours in, started with a every twenty minute or so mop with Pineapple juice and ACV

DSC_0589_zps24444987.jpg

About forty minutes before being done, sauced with some Stubbs mixed with pineapple juice and fresh cut slices of pineapple on top

DSC_0593_zps9214087d.jpg

Done and heading in

DSC_0595_zps8f957b5f.jpg

The CEO and #2 made the CEO's recipe Mac and Cheese

DSC_0591_zpsca3cd382.jpg

Sliced and ready for the table

DSC_0597_zpsd74723ab.jpg

Your plate, enjoy

DSC_0599_zpsce56c610.jpg

Mom's Fruit Cake, after cooling cheese cloth covers it and is soaked with Brandy every other day or so and it ages until Christmas.

DSC_0601_zps599ae5f2.jpg

People laugh and joke about fruitcake - but when done right, the stuff is awesome.
Great looking ribs also! Will have to give all the pineapple stuff a try.
Great post!

Beautiful ribs and two lovely ladies, Bill. I'd love to taste one of those ribs, with some m&c. Oh, and the fruit cake? I'll be sending my address!!

Ribs looked great and they sliced perfect. My father used to do the same with his fruit cakes except with bourbon.

That is some creamy Mac and Cheese Bill - and your Mom soaks that cake with brandy every other day? Have mercy, I have been eating the wrong fruit cake....

Fantastic looking ribs & Mac Bill!

Eight many fruitcakes in this life, think I'll pass again...
an older sister received a fruitcake from an aunt... used it as a door stop. No lie.

It all looks fantastic - especially the two lovely ladies sharing the baking duty. It makes me happy to cook for friends and family - I can only imagine how happy you were on this cook. Traditions rock.

I'll have to try the pineapple idea - never seen nor hear of it but pork and pineapple are a marriage made in heaven to be sure.

Last edited:
What is Ma zipping on? Looks potent :cool:

Mazing Ribs Bill....Mc´n´Cheese looks divine...Im willing to try that fruit cake..but im not a fan.

Bill that’s an amazing cook, I love pineapple and will try the pineapple on my next rack of ribs. Like others have said I’ve been eating the wrong fruit cake that’s a lot of love going into those loafs, must be amazingly good.

Your ladies looks happy. I'm not surprised. I need admit, all that you have cooked, turn out wonderfully;).

Back