My new build from a Jumbo Joe (Jimmy) Jumbo Mini

KeithFWI

TVWBB Fan
Hi guys someone suggested i post this on here... I know there have been questions on what to use to make a good smoker from the Jumbo Joe. I'll do a thread on the build if there is any interest for me to.

It's made using a 80 Qt heavy stainless pot. Here's my Jimmy but i named here Jaime...lol

That is really nice and I’m definitely interested and I’m sure many others would like to build something a bigger than a mini and sharing your build would help a lot. Oh and welcome to the forum , lots of nice folks here.

Last edited:
Welcome Keith. Looks like you built a nice smoker. What is the valve doing for the smoker?

Always wondered if anybody has done this. Nice! Any particular brand of 80 QT. pot? Welcome aboard! Your first couple, of posts and your knocking it out of the park! Any cook pictures in that beast!

That's a good looking cooker Keith and welcome aboard!
Appreciate it Mike.

Always wondered if anybody has done this. Nice! Any particular brand of 80 QT. pot? Welcome aboard! Your first couple, of posts and your knocking it out of the park! Any cook pictures in that beast!
Yea i have to check the brand. I got a Jumbo on Target Clearance and was determined to make a smoker out of it and to give my mini a rest..lol My mini cooks lots and lots of birds! When i do a thread on it i'll post the brand and model... What area do you all post the builds in?

Nice job Keith, and welcome
Thanks for the welcome Bill!

Very well done. Jaime looks she will serve you well.
She's a keeper i believe..lol

Keith you're going to fit right in here. Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep...great minds think alike. ;)

I told you they'd love it! Welcome aboard. Ha ha hey Bama...thought you might be on here. After a couple of tweeks i'm gonna post the build. I'm the guinea pig on this one but so far so good.

Bama BBQ

Again I'm really looking forward to seeing your build. I would rather build something and customize it to my needs then just write a check for the something that is a compromise to what I really want. Plus its a lot of fun to build stuff and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I have an unused Smokey Joe Platinum I'd love to do this with, anyone know if this pot would fit that as well? I know the grate doesn't fit (too small).

Again I'm really looking forward to seeing your build. I would rather build something and customize it to my needs then just write a check for the something that is a compromise to what I really want. Plus its a lot of fun to build stuff and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Rich i'm going to do the thread on the build but where should i post it. There is the mini section but that is for Smokey Joes not Jumbo Joes.

I have an unused Smokey Joe Platinum I'd love to do this with, anyone know if this pot would fit that as well? I know the grate doesn't fit (too small).
Is Platinum the Jumbo Joe with the vents on the side? Give me the measurements of the lid and the inside of the base.

Good looking smoker...
Thanks Tony

Keith there is some Jumbo Joe stuff mixed in the mini section but not much. I would post it there and see how much attention it gets. Now that the mini builds have died down this may be the next big do it yourself thing. If so Chris could assign it its own thread and off you go.
Lots of people post in the photo section but there are so many posts it would just disappear there I would think.
Or better yet PM Chris Alingham see what he suggests.

Yes it is... I'll try and remember tonight, this is the best I have for now though, 18.5 to the outside.

01111_kVqVXGzBiWr_600x450.jpg

Chris it's the same dimensions as the Jumbo. I alsmost wish i had the platinum instead because the vents are already on the sides as i had to install my own vents...on the other hand i think the bottom vent control is helpful for searing. I put a handle on it to open up for just that purpose. Pros and cons both ways but none the less the platinum will work. The problem with finding the perfect pot is getting one that has the perfect bottom dimensions to fit in the base and the upper dimensions to fit the lid.(impossible to find both) The most important is the base imo because you can always make a lid fit and seal. My pot fits the base of the Joe perfectly...couldn't be better. The top of the pot is about a 1/4 too small but installed rope gasket in the lid which works great.
Yes it is... I'll try and remember tonight, this is the best I have for now though, 18.5 to the outside.

01111_kVqVXGzBiWr_600x450.jpg

Back