Bacon made easy - thanks Bob Correll

Mildo

TVWBB Guru
Thank you Bob for inspiration!

Here in Bohemia/Slovakia sales mix salt with the addition of 0.6% nitrite. So for me it's even more more easy. Just add 3% of the salt mixture and 2% brown sugar / weight of meat, rubbed garlic, cracked black pepper and bay leaf. I then proceeded to dry curing by Bob's instructions

I will share with you about the course:

Here is 4.75 kg after 7 (+1) days

tmpA0CE.jpg

the exact size of the belly for my 22.5 OTG

tmpC659.jpg

resting a few days in the fridge

tmpA8EC.jpg

slicing after 5 days

tmp963E.jpg

tmpC089.jpg

I have enough space in the freezer, fortunately

tmpE4AD.jpg

on baking paper test batch goes into the oven

tmp9EA.jpg

I like it very much

tmp2FD2.jpg

and serve this

tmp57BD.jpg

tmp7EBE.jpg

I must say that the results of 7 days dry is better than 3 days wet.
You got me Bob. Thanks again.

(Please check this thread http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?13312-Bacon-made-easy.Who is interested bacon made ​​easy, you will learn almost everything there)

Have a nice day, my folks.

Last edited:
Mildo buddy ole pal...good to see ya back! Nice work on that bacon!! Looks awesome dude. Love it!

I also welcome you back Mildo! That bacon is really awesome! I use Bob's recipe when I do
bacon and it sure beats anything the stores have.

Wow Mildo, I'm stunned!!! Best bacon I have seen in a long time and those plated pics are fantastic!!!! If they don't make pic of the week there is an injustice. The only problem I see is which pic should be picked.

Outstanding bacon and photos Mildo!
No credit due me, but thanks!

I agree with John, any of your photos could be on the Photo Gallery picture of the week!

"I like it very much"... I'm guessing a little more than very much. I can only wish to taste it and love it even more, much! Thanks Mildo!

Back