Kevin near Chicago

KevinT

TVWBB Member
Hello all,

Longtime lurker, first time post. Avid Weber griller for years just now getting into smoking. Just re-built the deck this spring and bought a new Weber Genesis. Thought I'd try smoking as well. Also have a 22" kettle that is older than dirt. Built a mini-WSM in May and have done ribs, butt, brisket, ABT's, beer can chickens, a fatty and drip beans courtesy of a lot of great info on this site. Just gave up the mini today in favor of a 22" WSM. Modding it today in the garage while it rains. Have lots of pics to share when I get time. Thinking of a cajun themed fatty for tomorrow to watch the Bears beat the Saints. Thanks for all the great info on this site. Hopefully can get some pics up in the appropriate forums soon.

Kevin

Hello all,

Longtime lurker, first time post. Avid Weber griller for years just now getting into smoking. Just re-built the deck this spring and bought a new Weber Genesis. Thought I'd try smoking as well. Also have a 22" kettle that is older than dirt. Built a mini-WSM in May and have done ribs, butt, brisket, ABT's, beer can chickens, a fatty and drip beans courtesy of a lot of great info on this site. Just gave up the mini today in favor of a 22" WSM. Modding it today in the garage while it rains. Have lots of pics to share when I get time. Thinking of a cajun themed fatty for tomorrow to watch the Bears beat the Saints. Thanks for all the great info on this site. Hopefully can get some pics up in the appropriate forums soon.

Kevin

Welcome, Kevin ... We definitely agree on our love of BBQ, but I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on the outcome of tomorrow's game. Saints coming to the Windy City to take care of business .. Who Dat! ;)

Thinking of a cajun themed fatty for tomorrow to watch the Bears beat the Saints.
that's funny:D
Hang in there Kevin, the bears will eventually get a QB to do the job.
Sounds like you got the right tools to cook (and smoke) up a storm... Looking forward to your posts!
Welcome to our backyard:wsm:

Welcome to the party. Saying " Just gave up the mini today" seems so cold and unfeeling to me. If it needs a good home that will love it and care for it like it was our own just send it on up here to Canada. We'll make it feel welcome. ;)

Mini-WSM went to good home

The mini-WSM went to a good home. Found a local guy who is single and has a 22 WSM. Too big for most of his cooks. He was happy to get his hands on a mini!

Welcome to the party. Saying " Just gave up the mini today" seems so cold and unfeeling to me. If it needs a good home that will love it and care for it like it was our own just send it on up here to Canada. We'll make it feel welcome. ;)

Back