I need to work on my presentation...

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Apple smoked thin pork steaks. Indirect for about 20 min.
c48327f0242719677de9c3f20e89b6fc.jpg

Quick sear on both sides. I also have hot link on the grill.
208b15a9bd4c1642d0aa82885d56a6a1.jpg

Some veggies
698c15d612579cabd6965ebe720578ac.jpg

Like I said my presentation sucks. Looks plain not exciting. Any suggestions???

a80a4b0ae889ae419b86779a034e1bc2.jpg

I must say the pork steaks were good seasoned with only garlic salt, onion powder and a little lawrys seasoned salt.

Thanks for looking

Tony and Maribel

Looks good to me Tony!! Maybe add another pork steak to hide that white plate!! Other than that? Perfection!! Super cooking! Maybe a little parm on your zukes!

Looks really good to me!!! You could add a dancing hula girl, that would spice things up a little.

While the food all looks excellent, the picture somehow lacks balance.... something very important is missing .. Ah yes, perhaps a cold frosty one stationed at the two-o-clock position would create just the perfect amount of depth & contrast :)

just kidding, it all looks great!
pbg

While the food all looks excellent, the picture somehow lacks balance.... something very important is missing .. Ah yes, perhaps a cold frosty one stationed at the two-o-clock position would create just the perfect amount of depth & contrast :)

just kidding, it all looks great!
pbg

Beer is good....:D

Tony... Maybe something as simple as a different style plate or a plate with a pattern on it would change the look dramatically... It's just a thought that came to mind...

- Use natural light, if you can. Take the pic in front of a window
- I think your plate is a tad crowded. Use a bigger plate
- Cut off a piece of the fantastic steak to show off the inside
- Do not take the pic from above. Bend down, and reduce the depth of field a bit, shorter shuttertimes. Or you can blurr out the background in photoshop. Also, you make the colors a bit more vibrant than they are in this picture
- Place the plate on the middle of the table to get a uniform background

That's a start. I know afew more ticks, but I think I want to keep them to myself at the moment. ;)

Good luck. And by the way, the food looks delicious. After all, this is a food forum, and not a photo forum.

I think your presentation is just fine. I look at the FOOD, not the plate. While I can appreciate a nice appearing plate of food, laid out in all it's splendor with fancy crockery, the food is the star. I look at how those steaks are carmelized, etc. I would like to see for the contests just the main ingredient on the plate and no sides, put the emphasis on the product and not the plating.

On a side note...Is that ketchup on the rice?

-rog

Tony... Maybe something as simple as a different style plate or a plate with a pattern on it would change the look dramatically... It's just a thought that came to mind...

I was thinking about plate changes. I only have white or light green. I will buy new ones. Thanks.

I think your presentation is just fine. I look at the FOOD, not the plate. While I can appreciate a nice appearing plate of food, laid out in all it's splendor with fancy crockery, the food is the star. I look at how those steaks are carmelized, etc. I would like to see for the contests just the main ingredient on the plate and no sides, put the emphasis on the product and not the plating.

On a side note...Is that ketchup on the rice?

-rog

Its sriracha sauce.

I think it looks great. Your posts are always so good. I liked Geir's tips. They can help me a lot.

I'd suggest slicing the hot link into half-inch slices, and fanning them out at the top of the plate where it currently sits. Maybe cut the zuke in two, perhaps diagonally, and criss cross them. I'm not all that great at presentation, but those are some things that come to mind.

Back