NEW: Weber 7472 Expandable Smoking Rack

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
webersmokingrack_zps16c81b8a.jpg

Once again, Weber appears to be listening to WSM customers wanting to hang meat in their smokers. Just spotted this on Amazon this morning:

Get the most smoking versatility possible out of your 18.5-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker. The Weber Expandable Smoking Rack is designed to let you experiment with other smoking methods, in addition to the traditional smoke foods such as roasts and whole cuts of meat. The Expandable Smoking Rack comes complete with 2 support bars that span the width of the rack and 5 hooks that fit over the bars. To use, simply remove the top cooking grate and replace with the Rack. To smoke link sausages and other similar foods, simply hang them over the bars. With the hooks fitted over the bars, you're ready to smoke whole fish.

Affiliate links:

Weber 7472 Expandable Smoking Rack, 18-Inch
Weber 7473 Expandable Smoking Rack, 22-Inch
Weber 7474 Fish Hook Replacements for 18 and 22-Inch Expandable Smoking Racks

webersmokingrack2_zps2beacf2b.jpg

Nice accessory. I was just thinking about jerry-rigging something to use for smoking some homemade sausage. This will do the trick.

BTW, what the heck type of fish are those in the picture???. They look like over-sized bullheads or some other junk bottom-feeder. The marketing people should have chosen some other product (jerky or sausage) for their promotional picture.

Looks like the photographer was there and they walked out back to the pond and caught whatever was there. How bout some Walleye?
Nice accessory. I was just thinking about jerry-rigging something to use for smoking some homemade sausage. This will do the trick.

BTW, what the heck type of fish are those in the picture???. They look like over-sized bullheads or some other junk bottom-feeder. The marketing people should have chosen some other product (jerky or sausage) for their promotional picture.

BTW, what the heck type of fish are those in the picture???. They look like over-sized bullheads or some other junk bottom-feeder.
I'm with Bob H, looks like tasty walleye to me too, but I feel offended, since I've caught and eaten many bullheads.:p

No offense intended regarding my "bullhead" remark. The bullheads I know are about 3" long and always seemed to latch on to my hook while I'm trying to catch some decent brook trout. You must have a different version of "bullheads" in Wisconsin or Missouri and Walleye's are not a fish we see much in Western Washington.

No offense intended regarding my "bullhead" remark. The bullheads I know are about 3" long and always seemed to latch on to my hook while I'm trying to catch some decent brook trout. You must have a different version of "bullheads" in Wisconsin or Missouri and Walleye's are not a fish we see much in Western Washington.
All in fun Ron.
In my younger days we caught black bullheads of 1 to 2 lbs.
I well remember the sting and pain from the fins if not held properly.

Back on topic, the rack looks neat.
Trying to figure out out to 'string up' a mess of jerky on it.

Back