Dana Point BBQ Championship CA =)

PeterZ

TVWBB Pro
Dana Point is coming up =)
Anyone here will be there judging or comp ?
I will be judging, cant wait =) It should be very good.

Peter

Don't forget about the Ranchers Reserve Beef Cup too. They changed the rules recently and it's no longer a "think, brisket" type entry as Kelly McIntosh would say. It's kind of like an "Anything Butt" with RR top sirloin as the featured protein.

Vicious Smoke will be there! No desert entry for us (wish I could judge that one though) but we're doing the RR entry. This one should be fun with with the whale watching tour & team dinner. We need to check-in early so we can square away meat inspection and inject our long-haul proteins before the Friday festivities commence. See ya all there!

We were planing to go but Maribel leaves on business to trip to Tupelo MS that weekend. :(

Bring the kids yourself. More food for you. You can sample all the leftovers you want. This will be the largest BBQ contest in CA history. Over 100 teams.

So it looks like that this is going to be the BIGGEST BBQ comp. in CA ever =)
Making history here people. Im so glad and honored to be a small part of it =)

Peter

My wife and I went out to the competition today and we had a blast! I loved the samples from all the different teams, but I was stuffed when I left. Great charity event, lots of people and good music.

Great to hear you had a ball ! It was indeed a fun affair in a very delightful location.

BTW...
Our very own JerryA was the Grand Champion !!! AND it's his 2nd Grand Champion at this event in a row !
For those of us using Simply Marvelous rubs, their team took Reserve Grand Champion !

Back