question about fan + servo mode

D Peart

TVWBB Pro
My fan is way too big for my smoker, so I limit it to a max speed of 30%. I still want to use this limit when running fan/servo mode. Do I just set the min/max fan speed and go? If I do this does it limit the servo as well? I need (I think I do anyway) the servo to be the full 0-100 range.

thanks
dave

OK I figured it out. If I have it set to max only, then when it hits 100% the fan kicks in at max speed setting. I guess there is a big difference in this mode between 100% and 99% :)

I suspect it is ok because that only happens during start up?

Got a couple pork butts to smoke this weekend, looking forward to trying it out.

dave

I'm pretty sure you can still set the max speed for the fan, and when the HM "requirement" reaches 100% the fan will come on at whatever top speed you had set for the fan. So if you set the max speed at 30%, when the HM hits 100% your fan will come on at 30%.... if that makes sense....

but yes, the fan really only comes on at startup, or perhaps after lid open if the temp is not recovering fast enough.....

Yeah, what Ralph said. To expand, there's 3 outputs.

-- PID Output: This is what you see everywhere and is the calculated output of the PID control. This runs 0-100% always.
-- Blower Output: Calculated off the PID Output as a linear scale of PID Output % * "Blower Max Speed" (runs 0 to Max Speed). If value is below "Blower Min Speed" then pulse on and off between 0 and Min Speed.
-- Servo Output: Calculated off PID Output as well PID Output % * (Servo Max - Servo Min) + Servo Min (runs Min to Max).

Back