What Would You Pay for This?

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
I believe this is a Genesis 1000. It looks like the work table is MIA. The guy says the grill needs to be cleaned but works nicely. I have not seen it yet. Provided there is no rust and nothing else missing, what would you pay for it?

3540656730_a04ce610f3.jpg

the left shelf is laying on the lower rack. i paid 55.00 for one that had a side burner and still needed a lot of work and replacement parts. i needed a project. so less for sure. but once you rehab it you will have a great grill that will last you a long time.

RD, I have the exact same grill. It's about 14/15 years old. Has he replaced any the grates, flavorizer bars or burners? Depending on how much he used some parts are probably due to be replaced. I did mine about two years ago and it set me back about $140 if memory serves me correctly. She works like a brand new grill without the brand new grill price tag.

Depending on what it looks like inside and factoring in you'll probably want to replace some parts I'd offer the guy $75 and go as high as $100 for it.

Here are some PICTURES of my "rebuild."

I would probably start with 50 and go 75 or so, more if you can avoid having to replace the grates and bars.

My vet went by the Salvation Army last week to look for baby mattresses for his boarding kennel and bought one just like that for $20 but then again he always has been a lucky SOB!

Pat

I appreciate the feedback. I have asked the questions posed here and am awaiting to hear back.

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the 1000 and the Silver? Did the silver replace the 1000? And that's now been replaced by the S-310? Just curious as to the lineage of this grill.

I have just been given the same exact grill. Mine looks to be in the same shape. I wanted a project and my buddy had it under a cover but outside since he bought a new grill a couple years ago. Ive checked on the parts and I think I can get mine going for around $100 depending on how much restoring I want to do. My biggest issue is the cart. Right behind the lid the top bar is almost rusted in half. Not sure how Im going to fix that. Keep us posted

I have the same grill and paid $45 for it last year. The only thing I replaced was the grates. I will probably replace the bars in a few years.

Thanks all. It looks like the guy pulled his listing from CL. I suspect he sold it without informing me. Oh well, there's always next time.

Thank you for the assistance.

Back