Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: 3D Printed Barrel Servo/Fan

Cook done at 475 using a Offset rotary valve on a primo (never mind the ending...). This was Zuni Cafe style roast chicken, it is so great to do it out doors; it is a messy recipe and the lack of clean up and heat in the summer is a huge bonus! The touch of smoke (just charcoal) was a lovely addition to the chicken. This holds temp for roasting much better then my oven does.

I just printed my first offset rotary blower and I had a question. The print job came out with a round hole where the 1X2 square tubing is destined to go. Should I use a round piece of tubing here and this is an updated version of the original solution or should I take a dremel to this and start making a square hole?

There are two versions for the main part: RSD-BGE-top.stl and RSD-UDS-top.stl. The "UDS" version has the round hole, the "BGE" version has the square hole. You must have printed the UDS version. They should both be in the file. Your best bet is to reprint the BGE version if you need the square hole. Note there are corresponding "cover" files as well RSD-BGE-cover.stl and RSD-UDS-cover.stl. There is only one "valve" file.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kierstead View Post
    There are two versions for the main part: RSD-BGE-top.stl and RSD-UDS-top.stl. The "UDS" version has the round hole, the "BGE" version has the square hole. You must have printed the UDS version. They should both be in the file. Your best bet is to reprint the BGE version if you need the square hole. Note there are corresponding "cover" files as well RSD-BGE-cover.stl and RSD-UDS-cover.stl. There is only one "valve" file.
    That would explain my error. Thanks for that....I did indeed grab the wrong files! Guess I'll experiment with this one and have the reprint run. Appreciate it.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728