Epic Turkey Sandwiches and a New England Tradition

JSchlegelmilch

TVWBB Pro
It's apple picking season in New England. I did not grow up around here, so it is still a novel thing for me. We went yesterday. Today I smoked a turkey breast and a few remaining short ribs that were hanging out in the freezer. We will use both for meals throughout the week, but here is how the turkey went (will come back to the apples at the end.....)

Went low and slow with a chunk of apple wood (about 230). Used my standard rub for both meats.

Took 4-5 hours total. Here is the slice:

And the sandwich with some bacon, garden tomatoes, avocado and mayo. Served with Greek salad:

Sandwich was amazing! Followed by a traditional New England desert, Apple Crisp made by Mindy and Addie, where they turned this:

into this:

Extra credit if you can guess the movie we are watching. Hint: Addie found our old VHS copy of it....

Thanks for looking!
-Jeff

Last edited:
This is definitely Picture Perfect Jeff!
IMAG0197_zps5b5b9f3b.jpg

Dessert looks delicious!

It's "inconceivable" how good that looks.:rolleyes:

That is one awesome turkey sandwich!! I hope you ate it with your left hand and not your right, if you eat it with your right...over to quickly. And Chris, "I do not think that word means what you think it means."

IMAG0197_zps5b5b9f3b.jpg

That is one of the best pictures I've seen in a while.
If it tasted 1/2 as good as it looks, it is a 5 Star Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing looking meal Jeff!! Apple crisp just makes everything in the world seem ok! Your movie is a guilty pleasure I must confess . . .

Back