Beef Short Ribs Korean Style

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
A week or so ago Peter Gallagher crushed me with an awesome Korean Rib cook, I knew with the flavors involved they were fantastic. Thanks Pete.
So kept my eye out for some flanken cut ribs and finally found them in Shop Rite and bought all they had on the shelf.

Mine varies a little, lots of garlic, fresh ginger, Soy and plenty of Teriyaki. Marinated all day today. And I used some nice Yukon Golds instead of rice, had rice last night

DSC_0585_zpseb9b2433.jpg

After nine hours

DSC_0587_zpsc0e4d573.jpg

Yukons been on for half an hour and are just about ready, mine are cut a little thicker than Peter's were so I did them on the sear first

DSC_0588_zps089198c3.jpg

Nasty muggy here, needed some hydration

DSC_0586_zpscdd2f6f1.jpg

They were fabulous, tender and the flavor profile is superb. The CEO said to me why would you cook these any other way? I think I did good.

Your plate, enjoy

DSC_0590_zpseaccc76a.jpg

Bill I saw that recipe too and wondered about it. Seeing your post just makes it worse. Now I have to find those ribs. Awesome cook with very nice ingredients.

Nice job, Bill! Looks pretty legit.

If you're interested in trying a different variation of the dish, here's the marinade recipe from my Korean M-I-L...

1 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
garlic to taste

Optional:
Ginger
Asian pear puree
Green onion

She also pounds out the kalbi to tenderize, but I prefer them like you did them, nice and thick.

Back