Throwdown #15: Pork Spareribs

Who's got the best entry in Throwdown #15: Pork Spareribs? Vote now!

• Chris Sherman - BRITU St. Louis Spareribs

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Dwain Pannell - Hotlanta Zing Spareribs

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • BEWarre - Spareribs with COTC and Soy Sauce Rice

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • William H - Competition Spareribs

• Tony R - Tony & Maribel Apple-Smoked Ribs

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • James Lake - St. Louie Ribs Wrapped in Bacon

• Mike Coffman - Apple & Maple Wood Smoked Spareribs

• Andy Ly - 3-2-1 Spareribs

• John Osmond - Ultimate Rib Sandwich

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Steve Aguilar - Sweet Seduction Smoked Spareribs

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • David - Bourbon-Rubbed Spareribs

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Scott Waller - Pork Spareribs with Cheesy Russet Potatoes

• Chris Lynch - Hatch Chile Jam Spareribs

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Brad Chilton - Spareribs...No Fannn-cy Forks Needed

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, there are a lot of good entries! - I voted for the post that I thought displayed not only tasty looking ribs, but also best conveyed the true spirit of BBQ - Something I believe this particular competition is all about -

I voted but frankly, this was a tough call. There were several entries that were worthy of a "call". Impressive cooks, people, IMPRESSIVE!

Dale53:wsm:

Great cooking by a lot of wonderful folks; I really enjoyed seeing these talented efforts!! Thanks all for these good eats!

Blast! 2nd fiddle!

Oh and I wanted to add congratulations! I'd love to have ribs that looked like yours. Next free minute I get I am going to try and mimic your cook

Last edited:
Wow, what a close finish. I thought for sure Chris L. would pull away after he opened with a 7-3 lead. Nonetheless, everyone's ribs looked fantastic (including the baby backs). Thanks to everyone who voted. This was fun.

Congratulations Steve ! Oh... you buying pizza @ Dana ;) :rolleyes:

LOL. You must have me confused with that more successful Steve from OC. Tell you what, Bob. If I win GC at Dana Point (I can always dream, right?) I'll buy you your own whole pie! Thanks and see ya at Dana!

Congrats Steve, great job everyone! I appreciate the 2 votes I got and I didn't even vote for myself, I did vote for one of the top 2.

Congratulations Steve!!! To be honest, I keep going back to your entry to drool over how good those ribs look. I can't even imagine how good they must have tasted. As Biesinger said a week ago, your smoke ring was definitely enviable. Great job everyone!!! This was a fun Throwdown.

Back