Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill - Photo

2014 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill - Photo

Listed for pre-order on a UK Weber dealer website: https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/pro...here-gas-2014/

Lid vent has been changed, new handle with heat shield, and new control valve/igniter/regulator setup is shown.

I wonder if these changes will carry over to GAG sold in USA?

TVWBB Member
    I just wonder if the thing will actually heat up to a good grill temp. My GA gasser seems to stick around 450 or less on High.

Like the improvements we see in this photo. Thanks for sharing!

TVWBB Olympian
    wierd gas setup. almost looks like it has two valves. and where does the canister go ? bet that adds another $10 bucks or more to the price. also says porcelain grate. wonder what thats gonna look like.
    George
    Can't live without spam

Very interesting. I kinda like the new look. Might have to pick me up one and keep it in my truck for when I want a little BBQ for lunch.
    18.5 WSM , 3 22.5 WSM , 26.75 OTG Black, 22.5 Premium Preformer Black , Jumbo Joe, Weber Summit E670 in Black Charcoal Summit Grill

TVWBB Super Fan
    I'm guessing this is to accommodate the gas cartridges available in the UK. I had an early UK Q that had a weird swing out basket to hold a canister upright - looks like they've overcome that clumsy setup with the GA. Curiously though the charcoal GA has been discontinued in the UK apparently because it, errm , gets hot - and that breaks some European rule. Maybe the new handles solve that problem.
    Glad I've got a couple of original charcoal GAs.
    Charcoal GA s regularly go for way over the previous retail price on ebay here. (it used to retail at GBP 55).
    I assume the vents are specific to the gas version.

TVWBB Olympian
    just read a blurb on an english weber site that said that both the gas and charcoal ga's will be back for 2014. wonder if that applies to the rest of europe.
    George
    Can't live without spam

My gas version go anywhere doesn't get very hot and has some hot spots so you have to move things around. mostly good for dogs/burgers but I wouldn't do much else on it.
    18.5 WSM (2), 22.5 OTG Master Touch- Red + Blue, Cheap Gas Grill, Smoky Joe, Weber Charcoal Go-Anywhere, Weber gas Go Anywhere.

TVWBB Member
    side handles appear to have been deleted as well. seems they don't want you picking it up while it still hot

TVWBB Member
    have a look at this site: http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/365-weber-go...q-1141056.html . In the description the new 2014 UK models states "Use the Weber Disposable Gas Canisters (26100) - See accessories tab." When you go to the accessory tab, here is what the 26100 canister looks like:

Weber UK has converted this to use the lindal valve canisters that are typically used for backpacking stoves. Very interesting.

The other thing I notices is that their model still gets the flavorizing plate and chrome cooking grate vs the US 2014 models that no longer have the flavorizing plate and the grill grate is now porcelain covered steel.

TVWBB Fan
    Here are a couple of pictures of the 2014 gas GA:

There's a single straight burner tube running down the middle directly under the grate. That's why there are no holes down the centre of the grate.

-Mark.
    WSM Performer Master Touch Gold Q320 SJS Go Anywhere

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast