Best way to reheat?

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
This weekend I have a big party that i'll be doing a bunch of butts, ribs, and briskets for. Usually I'll try to time it so that my butts + ribs are ready ~1-2 hours before the party and then i throw the brisket on and serve it around 6 hours later. However this time due to the amount of food and the fact that I don't want to be watching the smoker during the party I'm going to try to get everything done well the night before/day of the party. What's the best way to store + reheat all the food?

I'll probably be looking at having the butts and ribs done well before the party, with the brisket probably finishing up around game time. For the brisket I'll foil + throw in a cooler. What do you suggest for the butts and ribs?

Thanks,
Daum

I would pull the pork the night before, refrigerate, then reheat gently in a shallow foil-covered pan in the oven, adding a bit of apple juice or thinned bbq sauce to keep the meat moist.

For the ribs, you could barbecue them, cut them into individual bones, then reheat gently in a crock pot, if you have one, again with some moisture to keep things juicy. Or in a foiled pan of some sort. In a restaurant setting, they might barbecue the ribs most of the way done, then finish them on a hot grill; maybe you could refrigerate overnight, then reheat/glaze them on the grill.

Gently reheating is always the key to keeping barbecue moist, in my experience.

I'm sure others will have some good ideas to share, too. Good luck!

What Chris said. I like to under done the ribs slice and grill at the time of the party. I lost count of the number of times guys have said " Wow I've grilled ribs but they never taste like this". I just smile and shrug my shoulders.

Reheat the pork in a crock pot and do the brisket overnight and hold in a cooler.

Back