Smoked Pickled Eggs (Picture Heavy)

Brian M.

TVWBB Fan
Got my new AMAZEN smoker for some bacon I want to cold smoke that is a couple of days away. Thought I would try it out tonight on some pickled smoked eggs. I will dig in about 5 days from now. I was thinking a bottle of these would be good host gift at a bbq party. Allright, two bottles. :))

First I have to light AMAZEN smoke generator with a torch

4iii.jpg
[/IMG]

Then, let it burn for 10 minutes
jdd5.jpg

Place in WSM
75km.jpg

Peppers, Garlic, Onions on bottom shelf
riuz.jpg

Eggs on top
g01r.jpg

One Hour just flipped eggs left all on for 30 more minutes. Eggs had nice smoke color on both sides when finished.
up9z.jpg

How many apple pellets were burned in 1.5 hours with all vents open full
z719.jpg

Everybody in the Pool, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, bay leaves, a bottle of tabasco, one can of sliced beets and a few other things. Heated up without eggs
eadi.jpg

Placed 8 each in quart Ball jars and into the fridge for 5 days
6iln.jpg

The ending temp on my WSM was 77 degrees which was pretty good keeping it below 80 on a Maine summer night.

Thanks for looking.

Brian, great looking eggs. Did a batch recently myself with the tube version of the amazen smoker. I like your brine think I'll give it a try. What flavor pellets did you use? Nice job.:wsm:

Brian, great looking eggs. Did a batch recently myself with the tube version of the amazen smoker. I like your brine think I'll give it a try. What flavor pellets did you use? Nice job.:wsm:

I used apple pellets. I have a load of them :))

Here is the brine I got off the internet a while back, but don't remember where.

3 cups apple cider vinegar
2 cups water
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp seasoned salt
4 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
3 Jalapano peppers sliced
1 medium yellow onion sliced thin
1 can sliced beets
1/4 cup dry sherry (I used port)
2 or 3 bay leaves
2 dozen hard boiled eggs

Did you taste test one of the eggs? I've made pickled eggs before, haven't ever had them smoked. They look great.

Back