Kettle fried chicken!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Evening folks...whipped up a goo ole country dinner on the performer tonight!! Fried chicken, taters, Gus...gravy and biscuits!
Here is my normal start! Mess of stuff and a cold beer or course!
null-105.jpg

Chicken was dusted in flour, paprika, S&P...tossed in a mixture of egg, Franks hot sauce and back in the dry goods..tossed in some hot oil!
null-106.jpg

null-107.jpg

Flip side...first batch!
null-108.jpg

Another started while some are drip drying!
null-109.jpg

After a few batches I worked up some milk gravy!
null-110.jpg

Then some Gus!!
null-111.jpg

After I charred Gus up real good we plated it all up and ate it up!
null-112.jpg

Thanks for looking folks!

Take care!

Morgan-
The chicken and gravy look like they rule to high heaven! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that rack that the fully cooked pieces of chicken are resting on? It would come in handy for me.

Morgan-
The chicken and gravy look like they rule to high heaven! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that rack that the fully cooked pieces of chicken are resting on? It would come in handy for me.

Jerome...had searched high and low and was going to build me one but a fellow member sent me an extra one he had from overseas..(and oh so grateful i am)I am pretty sure they don't sell them here in the us unfortunately..I'm sure they could sell a boat load if they were available! They really bring the weber cooking to a higher level!

Looks good! (I can only see the first few pictures).

Are you able to reuse the oil (save in a jar or something)?

I've been making milk gravy for about 54 years, but think I've met my match!
Super looking chicken dinner Morgan!

I have seen you fry up these badboys before...Everytime i se them my mouth waters. Abolutely Perfect. Really need to try this one...

Great looking chicken and gravy meal! Don't know if you have tried using peanut oil or not, but it works well handling
the high heat of the cast iron over the coals. Nice n crispy.

Morgan, looks great!
How long do you fry the chicken for? Temp? I've had problems with frying chicken to the perfect golden brown, and then cutting in to find it's not cooked all the way through (or dry). Any insights will help.

Back