Craigslist Find

Paul Isa

TVWBB Fan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97609396@N07/sets/72157634574194074/

Picked this 18.5" (1979) on CL for $10.00.

Nice find Paul, cant beat the price, My wife would lock me out for sure if I bought another grill, she promised I could by the Performer Silver After i get rid of the grill my Dad handed down to me.. Guess i am not getting a new grill anytime soon.. that's why the mini project was so fun to me..

Nice!!
There's a blue 26" I'm trying to get but its in someone's yard and have a gate. It's broken down so hopefully I will see them outside and make an offer.

Weber never "produced" a blue 26 for sale to the public. You sure its a 26?
...shoot some pics of it.

Weber never "produced" a blue 26 for sale to the public. You sure its a 26?
...shoot some pics of it.

I could be mistaken. It's in the guys yard. The only reason I say its because it has the lid holder like the performer?? I will try to go by there today.

I could be mistaken. It's in the guys yard. The only reason I say its because it has the lid holder like the performer?? I will try to go by there today.

I have an older 22" with lid holder and temp gauge in handle. Color is red/brown. Believe it was called a "Master Touch".

The current Weber 26 has a lid bail, but is only made in black. The old 26ers did not have a lid bail. More than likely the guy with the blue grill has a 22

A picture is always nice though to confirm. Only reason for my comments is because I only know of 1 blue 26. I'd really like to see if another one really exists!

Tony,

Did you get the blue kettle? After reading your posts I decided to make an offer on a 18.5 Copper Mist I had seen about a mile from my home in someone's yard. I made contact with the owner who had obtained it from his neighbor for
free. The owner used the kettle frequently so I didn't try to low ball him. We negotiated a fair deal for both of us. This weekend he gets a NIB 18.5 and I get a 1981 Copper Mist. I will post picks sometime next week. Go get that grill before someone else does.

Tony,

Did you get the blue kettle? After reading your posts I decided to make an offer on a 18.5 Copper Mist I had seen about a mile from my home in someone's yard. I made contact with the owner who had obtained it from his neighbor for
free. The owner used the kettle frequently so I didn't try to low ball him. We negotiated a fair deal for both of us. This weekend he gets a NIB 18.5 and I get a 1981 Copper Mist. I will post picks sometime next week. Go get that grill before someone else does.

No I didn't.
I can't make contact with him. He has 2 dogs and I don't see the kettle. Looks like he cleaned up the yard. He lives in an area if town where there's no street lights and your allowed to have farm animals. Big lots...:(

It's amazing how many nice special color grills you're finding up in Alaska. They very rarely come up in my neck of the woods.

Back