Road trip!

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
We bought a tent monday (7 days ago). Just to have in our car if we wanted to stay an extra night around any Theme park. The same night Under the influense of some % both me and Emilie said lets just go south in Europe! Said and done!

***Skip this part if you only want pics´n´no story***********

So the same day i asked on this Forum just to get a decent mobile grill..That would fit in the trunk with the rest of all the stuffs we had to bring...After a Spam By George Curtis the "Weber Go anywere" won straight up! (will not add any smileys since they will cost a pic)

And off we go!...We lacked 2 sleeping bags and the grill...And some other stuffs that we picked up on the way..

So we are on the ROAD! There is no stopping us now...But were should we go?! South in Europe ofc..But were?

We have to drive down Denmark to get to the ferry and over to Germany...Said and done. We took our first night pretty close to the ferry camp. And that same night we said we should go to the Netherlands,Belgium,France. And so we did. (almost unprepered)

We visited Amsterdam a Must SE! Really cool! Paris and Disneyland & The champagne distrikts. The beach in Belgium...is Awesome. And overall there is gold nuggets all over Germany. What we should have done is to add a GPS cordinates to some great camping spots...Now we just had a map and they were in some cases hard to find. 275 miles(swedish ones) was the total driving over 7 days.

All in all A FANTASTIC trip! Kids loved it and they wanna sleep in the tent even if we got home 4 h ago!

*********** PIC Part**************

Not any advansed pics here...But some cooking down the road,No plated pics(not used to work ine this environment):

First night and virginity of the Weber go to,German chops.

This is how we lived Btw:

Amsterdam in the canals:

Second grilled meat, Chicken:

Still lerning this grill. A few brats/burgers that i dident take pics of.

This is the setup we cooked on for 7 days:

Skewered fresh sausage/loin wrapped in bcn..And a Loin filled with a shroom sauce(dijon was the key).(store bought)

The Cathedral In Reims( a Wow moment)

A few Skewers and som fresh French brats:

Desert: Cheese

So many more pics..But i have to keep it clean.

Last pic! Love you guys!

Now that we are home we can start doing what we LOVE to do! Cook!

Havent had any time to respond to all great posts..But i watched em all! And you guys are fantastic!

Over and out!

Love you too Wolgast!
Glad to hear you had a great time and a safe return home...:)

Looks like you, Emilee and the kids had one super time Daniel! Awesome photos
and cooking on your new "toy"!

Great trip! The chicken! The sausage! The cheese! The tent! Hehe. Actually I dig the tent; looks like everyone had fun.

Awesome post. You really are fortunate to be able to experience all that culture by taking a road trip.

I think you did this whole thing backwards. First you buy the Weber Grill and then build the camping equipment around the grill. :)

Wolgast! Great trip! Great photos! Love the cathedral. Reminds me of Westminster Abby. I bet the inside was amazing. Such craftsmanship should be honored.

Nice cooking on the road Daniel! Sometimes - it's the way we make do with what we have that makes up happy. And looking at how you and the family did - I'm gonna say it was a HAPPY trip!

Great post!! I'll bet your boys will remember this trip the rest of their lives, great memories for them!!

I love road trips in Europe..."oh we just went to Germany, France, Belgium and Netherlands for 7 days".

So awesome, and love to see you can still turn out amazing food when you are "roughing it".

Wolgast;
Your story brought back old memories. My oldest son was in the military (U.S. Army) stationed in Southern Germany for five years. We made three trips to Europe (thirty days, three weeks, and last trip two weeks). It was absolutely wonderful. We didn't camp (I have done LOTS of camping and back packing in the past), but headquartered with our son and his family. They had been there for some time and acted as our tour guides when they could get off. Other times, we would borrow one of their cars and just point in a direction and go see what was there!

Bavaria, Austria, and Southern France were all visited. Absolutely a marvelous time.

This was about fifteen years ago, and the German families we befriended were not familiar with grilling. We had a large meal with three generations of Germans and introduced them to grilled chicken (my son had his grill with him, of course;)). They pronounced it VERY good and each and everyone of them had seconds. Now, I understand, there is a lot of grilling going on in Southern Germany (and elsewhere, I assume).

Thanks for sharing your story with us (and pictures).

FWIW
Dale53

Daniel you made my day! Great post and photos. I'm truly glad you folks had such a great time. Nice tent by the way.............

Glad you had so much fun. Family events like this are absolutely wonderful. You will have great memories forever.

Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Ray

Back