Costco ceramic cookers?

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I was in Costco yesterday and they had a ceramic cooker for $399. Came with a stand, side tables, etc. anyone know anything about these?

Probably the Vision ones. I have never seen one, but from what I have read, people seem to like them and the Vision CS is also supposed to be quite good. Then again, I have never seen one.

I looked at one at our Costco last week. In addition to my Webers, I have an old Green Egg.
I would rather use my kettle. The egg is rarely used. It looks like the Egg priced itself to where
a lot of competitors are reclaiming the lower priced niche left when Egg prices went too high
for the average bear.

Is that the Komado you are talking about? Saw one this week, looked decent but I don't get what the big benefit of this type of grill.
I tell you what I really would like to see somewhere and have not found is a good Hibachi type charcoal grill, the table top kind.

Is that the Komado you are talking about? Saw one this week, looked decent but I don't get what the big benefit of this type of grill.
I tell you what I really would like to see somewhere and have not found is a good Hibachi type charcoal grill, the table top kind.
You should be hearing from the eggheads soon. I know lots of people who swear by them. Every time I visit my buddy in NC he cooks something on his. The food is always great.

Thanks for the input. It's a pretty tempting price for a ceramic.

I'm actually not even a member. I was walking through to do some price compares to see if its worth joining. I almost joined on the spot after seeing that cooker.

You should be hearing from the eggheads soon. I know lots of people who swear by them. Every time I visit my buddy in NC he cooks something on his. The food is always great.

They are really nice cookers, they hold heat because of the insulation and the ceramics, my friend has an egg and goes for many cooks on one load of lump.

I checked them out pretty closely. Even called the company and got a call back the same day. The Costco model is their basic cooker with a SS nest. There are other models with a pull out ash tray and more adjustable venting for LNS offered in Canada at Canadian Tire which is a National name brand. Not sure how they are sold in the US. They are Visions Grills made in China and are already establishing a reputation for excellent customer service. They are based out of Missouri.
I think they are very well made, backed by a full replacement warranty and very well priced but I pulled the trigger on the Weber 26 and made the mods that suited my purpose. The weight and the fact that they are ceramic still scares me.

I checked them out pretty closely. Even called the company and got a call back the same day. The Costco model is their basic cooker with a SS nest. There are other models with a pull out ash tray and more adjustable venting for LNS offered in Canada at Canadian Tire which is a National name brand. Not sure how they are sold in the US. They are Visions Grills made in China and are already establishing a reputation for excellent customer service. They are based out of Missouri.
I think they are very well made, backed by a full replacement warranty and very well priced but I pulled the trigger on the Weber 26 and made the mods that suited my purpose. The weight and the fact that they are ceramic still scares me.
I hear you, my 5 year old would probably find a way to knock it over, that and the China thing keeps me from getting one.

Thanks for the input. It's a pretty tempting price for a ceramic.

I'm actually not even a member. I was walking through to do some price compares to see if its worth joining. I almost joined on the spot after seeing that cooker.

Jim, if I were buying a ceramic cooker this would be the one. Costco is great. I've been a member up here for years...ever since they came to Barrie. There are lots of good reasons to join. The meat counter is one big reason.

I got a Costco membership for Christmas. I rapidly became a real fan. Their meat and fish are top notch in most every way. I am allergic to crustaceans but can still admire their lobster and shrimp. The best I have seen. I have eaten their Salmon and Steelhead on the grill - superb! The prices are quite competitive, also, but the quality is the thing that hits a home run for me.

Yep, I'll be renewing my membership when it comes up, that's for sure.

FWIW
Dale53

Hi Jim,

I have owned one for almost 2 years (the first batch that Costco starting Carrying in our area anyway). I love it now that I have had a chance to seal around the bottom vent, and replace the top vent that was sticking when it got hot (they took care of it right away). Other than that, it is an amazing grill. I use it once a month and it is simply Awesome. A great long term versatile investment. I have had mine crancked up to over a 1000 degrees with combination of charcoal and Oak wood before for searing quick meat. I was amazed as to how it retained the heat and meats juices the first time I pulled a tri.tip off of it. It uses a lot less Charcoal vs. a traditiona Weber grill as well (~50% less for the long time slow and low cook).The Customer Services is awesome. You will not be disappointed I assure you.

Back