Greeting from Central Florida, I'm Barry.

Barry Karnes

TVWBB Member
Longtime eater, first time poster. My cook story. Many years in the North cooking on cheap gas grills on my deck, through wind, heat, rain, sleet, snow & beetle invasions. I say cheap grills because I think I bought a new $99 special every other year. Transferred south 9 years ago, treated myself to a Weber Genesis B. This baby looks like it'll last another 9. Why didn't I do this in the first place?

Came upon this website, saw the pics and thought it's time to do charcoal. Weber 22.5 added to the family. I love it, and boy do I like what I'm eating.

Picture below is my summer set up because here in my area, summer means rain and thunderstorms. Usually right about cooking time. So I rigged up an old pool umbrella under the grapefruit tree and with cinder block and bungee cords I'm good for natures best.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and all the great pics, tips and ideas!

Barry

Welcome aboard, Barry! Love your grilling area. Looking forward to your future posts.

Welcome aboard Barry! Strange isn't how mother nature seems to let it rain just about the time we
are firing up the grill or smoker! ;)

Hi Barry. Great looking BBQ set up you got there. Only thing missing is a chair. Welcome to the forum.

Back