Hello I'm Jennifer from Oklahoma

Jennifer

TVWBB Member
I'm new to barbeque (low & slow smoking). After doing a bit of research on smokers and grills--this web site being a HUGE help--I decided the Weber Smokey Joe modded to Mini WSM would be the best fit for me. Since I only ever cook for 2-4 people, this Weber setup suits my needs for grilling, indirect cooking & smoking. I'm actually quite pleased with it--it is so efficient using very little charcoal and very easy to control.

I smoked my first baby back ribs ever in it last night:

9201235635_ddbdb874b9_c.jpg

I have on order an A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker which I plan on using inside my Mini WSM for cold smoking--others have done this with their Mini WSM with reported success; I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Welcome aboard. I've seen folks use the smoke generators in a mailbox and duct it into the cooker. I'll be interested to see your set up and cold smokes. Oh...and beautiful ribs!

Jennifer, your ribs are BEAUTIFUL!
Welcome to the forum!
Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Thanks for the replies. I hope you are all having a nice fourth of July--for those Americans--and perhaps BBQ'ing today as I am! I have two racks of baby back ribs in the Mini WSM as of about 30 minutes ago. I rubbed them down with Mike Mill's Magic Dust and will glaze them on the grill at the end with a homemade KC BBQ sauce.

Btw, the first of the two baby backs, the membrane came right off. The second one was a miserable experience.. for the life of me it would not come off.. I ended up having to scrape between each and every rib and still didn't get all of it off (stuck to the bones)... At least it is roughly broken up to absorb the rub but it won't be the perfect eating experience on that rack--sigh. I wonder if it is the age of pig.. these were a little bit larger baby back ribs than I got before.

Last edited:
Here is the little guy smoking up my 4th of July Baby Back Ribs!

9211684390_3e0b06609b_c.jpg

and here are some of the ribs that just came out of it:

9212376884_b8e84eb615_c.jpg

Last edited:
From one new member to another, welcome aboard! This is a great forum - ever since I joined, people have been great about answering questions and sharing information.

Back