Greetings from Chicagoland!

Hank Howorth

Hello everyone!

My name is Hank and I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. I've got many interests including BBQ, whiskey, homebrewing/craft beer, sports and music (blues, jazz, soul, reggae, bluegrass, Irish trad and all sorts of rock, to name just a few). I had been eyeing a WSM for quite some time when my wife surprised me with one for Father's Day. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to the WSM and I plan on christening the smoker on July 5th with a big ol' pork butt, so I'll be all over the site these next few days and will no doubt have some questions. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning the tricks of the trade from you all. Thanks very much and have a happy (and safe) 4th of July.

Hank

Welcome aboard Hank! You are gonna love your WSM. Everyone on this board is
knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful, so ask away!

Howdy Hank!
Welcome to the forum!
As Mike just said, you're gonna love your new Smokey Mountain cooker :wsm:
Hope your stay is most enjoyable, we're looking forward to your butt kick on the 5th ;)

Welcome aboard Hank.
Lets us know if you need help... Don't forget to take pics of you first cook.

Hiya Hank, the pork butt sounds like a good way to break in the smoker. Are you close enough to Brookfield Zoo to catch
the scent of the buffalo over the coals at the bison exhibit? Bison brisket? C'mon, you know you want to......

Hiya Hank, the pork butt sounds like a good way to break in the smoker. Are you close enough to Brookfield Zoo to catch
the scent of the buffalo over the coals at the bison exhibit? Bison brisket? C'mon, you know you want to......

I am indeed very close to the zoo. So close, in fact, that I can sometimes hear the lions roar in the wee hours of the morning, especially on Sundays when things are quiet. Very strange to start your day that way!

Welcome Hank. The WSM is as ez to use as your oven. Looks like your all set. Home brew and BBQ. Doesn't get any better.

Back