Bread Baking

Mark B

TVWBB Pro
This will probably get a vote for most boring pic in the gallery, but they turned out great. We needed to bake a bit and thought we'd try using the Performer instead of the oven to keep the kitchen cool.

I fired it up with blue bag K and let them get fully lit. No smoke wood - told you it was boring :D. They cooked perfectly at 350 on the lid therm. Had to rotate them once to keep the browning even. Now we know if the power is out for a long time we can still bake outside.

Bread.JPG

I don't think anything's boring when it's homemade. Just another great example of the versatility of grills!

Very impressed! Don Cash also does some baking here on the forum at times on his grill. Nice job!

No, and this surprised my wife. She said it tasted normal.

I made sure the kingsford was well lit, I actually chose that over lump for this first try because of the consistent burn I usually get. Could try lump next time.

I used the Weber metal charcoal holders that came with the Performer, as I wanted to have those on each side of the kettle with the bread in the middle. The kettle seemed as good as our convection oven.

Back