6th Annual Lodi & Lake Wisconsin Brew-B-Que - September 28

Mike Goethel

TVWBB Fan
Don’t miss one of the Lodi & Lake Wisconsin Chamber’s biggest events of the year! We will host the 6th annual Lodi & Lake Wisconsin Brew-B-Que on Saturday, September 28th in downtown Lodi! This great event takes our Rib Competition and turns it into a huge Block Party when we close Main Street for the day and offer great food, a Kid's Zone, live music and a micro beer tent!

We will kick off this fall festival with the BBQ competition. The barbecue competition is focused on ribs. We're non-sanctioned but use similar rules and judging criteria as KCBS events. We also make sure we have plenty of KCBS certified judges!

Along with the rib competition, there will be three other events open to anyone who wants the challenge! We will host a Chili Cook off, a Homemade Salsa Competition and a Home Brew Competition

More information is available on the Chamber web site. Rules and entry forms will be posted soon!
http://lodilakewisconsin.org/festivals.php

Count us in again this year Mike! We'll keep our eyes out for the entry form. This is a great event and also a nice way to get your feet wet in the BBQ competition world.

Hello,

I am having difficulty downloading the entry form. The link seems to send me to the same page that the link is on. What deadline is there for signing up?

Thanks,
Troy

Sorry,

I was using the link towards the bottom of the page and not the one in the body of the page. The first one, inside the storyline, works fine.

Thanks,
Troy

Top 10 Reasons to compete in the 6th Annual Lodi & Lake Wisconsin Brew-B-Que:

1.) We're the "premiere" BBQ event in the Greater Lake Wisconsin Area :cool:
2.) Eight teams are already registered, will you be one of the teams that get us to a total of 15 this year?
3.) One lucky team will get their $50 registration fee returned to them during our Cook's Meeting drawing
4.) We're not KCBS sanctioned, however we ARE a blind judging competition using current KCBS Rules and KCBS certified judges. We may have 1 or 2 local judges also.
5.) If you've got your game-on you can participate in our "People's Choice" competition, interacting with our VIP's, providing them samples of your ribs, and your own BBQ B.S. ala "Memphis in May"
6.) We're paying to 3rd place in blind judging competition, and awarding a People's Choice Champion. A select few teams have walked away with 1st place and People's Choice award.
7.) You get to listen to the kick-butt classic rock band "Chameleon"
8.) If you're of legal age, we'll have great local craft beers and home brews available
9.) You'll be part of history :confused:
10.) You get to block main street, start fires (in your smokers of course!) making traffic re-route, which will bring in throngs of people that will stay until the beer and music stop flowing!

Mike

The top ten list convinced me to throw my hat into the ring, I'm in! 9:22am shot is on me.

Mike is right on about the contest, it is a great way to spend a day cooking ribs, talking with friends and meeting some new ones. See you there!

Hello,

I am signed up and set to participate in my first ever competition. I was wondering if there is any information regarding timing of turn-ins? Since I'm a newbie, I just want to practice using the time constraints that the competition will be using.

Thanks,
Troy

Looks like our wisconsin cooks are showing off their Q...I am planning on attending...hope to run into everyone! Good luck to ALL!

Troy, I'll confirm turn-in time with BBQ committee and get back to you. Looking forward to seeing you at the Brew-B-Que! Good luck, you'll have some good "mentors" working right next to you.

Mike

Top 10 Reasons to compete in the 6th Annual Lodi & Lake Wisconsin Brew-B-Que: UPDATE
2.) Eleven teams are already registered, will you be one of the teams that get us to a total of 15 this year?

Hi Mike,

Is there a website or an email trial that I could join to get more specific information regarding the overall competition? Cathleen called me to let me know that I had to cook 6 racks of ribs for the people's choice and the main competition. I can barely fit that amount on my 2 smokers and I just wanted to make sure that I am getting the latest and greatest news. I am very curious about how the people's choice is run. Do they come to our area at a set time and do we just hand out one rib per person?

Thanks,
Troy

Troy, Kathleen can provide you detailed information on the "People Choice" competition. You are correct that the VIP's will come to you area, immediately following the official turn-in, and be provided one rib to taste. Each VIP votes on their #1 choice for best rib; the team with the highest number of VIP votes wins the "People's Choice" award.

Just a reminder that you do not have to participate in the "People's Choice" competition, that is an option... we certainly would like all teams to participate.

Mike

Looks like we're up to 16 teams this year. WE NEED JUDGES! If you're a KCBS Certified Judge, and will be in the Madison/Lodi WI area on Saturday, September 28... we would love to have you join us to judge the rib competition. Please contact the Lodi Chamber office at (608) 592-4412 or email Kathleen information@lodiwisconsin.com.

Thank you!
Mike

JUDGES NEEDED FOR OUR COMPETITION! Please contact Kathleen at the Lodi-Lake Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce office if you're a KCBS Certified Judge and available to judge on Saturday, September 28. Call Kathleen at (608) 592-4412 or email information@lodiwisconsin.com

Thanks, hope to see you at the Brew-B-Que!

Mike

Back