Thermistor port is "off"

JD Atkinson

The pit probe works and the controller for the fan works. I have the vishay 10K thermistor installed across the probe3 contacts as shown in the pictures for the assembly. What can I do to have the probe 3 start working; it won't turn 'on'. It always is 'off'.

I had tried changing that, but it still doesn't turn on. I noticed how something has to be connected for it to turn on when I got the pit probe installed and working. I suppose I will check the tracings and make sure the circuit is good. I don't have a connector installed on that probe 3 location, but that shouldn't matter. Any other ideas?

I don't have a connector installed on that probe 3 location, but that shouldn't matter
Do you mean you don't have a jack installed on the footprint? Good thing you brought that up, because there's your problem. The jack completes the circuit that has the thermistor in it so right now it is just dangling. One leg should be connected to ground, then the other leg should be connected to an arduino pin (which is one of the two circles in the footprint, not the one used if a jack is installed).

I have the same issue, no jack installed. I have the thermistor soldered as shown in this picture:

2013-05-24%2022.25.51%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Are you saying I should have soldered one pin of the thermistor to the larger hole and not the one on the long edge of the footprint?

Thanks

Answered my own question but just 'doing it'.. that is indeed what needs to be done, thermistor should be soldered to the two holes at either end of the footprint.

Back