Disposal of Empty 1lb Propane Tanks

I take mine to a local Green recycling/scrap metal center. They send all that stuff to China and let them melt it down or reuse it and at least that keeps it out of the local landfills.
I usually go through 3-4 a year and have been meaning to checking out one of those refill gizmos.

Tim

In the interest of saving the planet and a little money at the same time, I don't dispose of them, I refill them from my big propane tank. Click here for the adapter.

here they state that they go in the trash and not for recycling. i no longer use many at all so don't feel guilty. but as the price of them goes up as it has that refill device is looking much better.

That was the one reason I stayed away from the Performer. Up here nobody I've talked to knows anything about refilling those llittle guys and they're not recyclable. Such a waste.

Take them to your local household hazardous waste facility. Or Amnesty / round-up events.

Especially if they are full or partially full.

Ask your local landfill how to dispose of them. Our HHW recycles them.

That was the one reason I stayed away from the Performer. Up here nobody I've talked to knows anything about refilling those llittle guys and they're not recyclable. Such a waste.

Gary, just put one of the Weber lighter cubes in with the charcoal in the basket and you would be good to go. Don't really need the propane, even though it is conveinient.

Gary, just put one of the Weber lighter cubes in with the charcoal in the basket and you would be good to go. Don't really need the propane, even though it is conveinient.

Thanks Bob...been doing that for a long time now. I've been using a product called Timberlite by Imperial but I can't find them anymore. They about 1 1/2" x 1 3/4" and are fiberous material. They work great and are cheap too. I cut them in half and get double out of a box. I like them better than the wax. Nobody around here seems to be carrying them now so will have to switch.

Back