Final Voting for Throwdown #13: Chicken Wings

Who's got the best chicken wing entry? Vote now!

• Tony R - Kickin Chicken and chile de arbol

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Jim Lampe - Beatnik bird wings

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • Kaz S - Spicy Sriracha garlic stuffed chicken wings

Votes: 35 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the winners of the pool voting:

Pool 1: Tony R - Kickin Chicken and chile de arbol
Pool 2: Jim Lampe - Beatnik bird wings
Pool 3: Kaz S - Spicy Sriracha garlic stuffed chicken wings

Remember, the winner receives this collection of Weber rubs!

Vote for your favorite entry now! Good luck to Tony, Jim, and Kaz!

IMG_10481_zpsb97dc219.jpg

What's unique about Kaz's photos that make them unviewable in Firefox?

Update #1: I installed Firefox and I don't see Kaz's photos, either. I do see them in IE10 and Chrome. I also see photos posted by others on Photobucket in the same page. Might be a bug in vBulletin or Photobucket?

Update #2: Went back to Firefox...now I see the photos. Not sure what's causing the glitch.

Untitled-1_zpsdb156fbc.jpg

What happened to the poll of the top three from each category as discussed in your original post?

I can't see Kaz' photos in firefox either, I checked & made sure my FF browser was up to date....

works fine in IE though.

Last edited:
What happened to the poll of the top three from each category as discussed in your original post?
Yeah, you're right, I didn't go back and read that earlier post when setting up the final poll. I completely forgot about that and just used the winner from each poll. The three top vote-getters had 9 votes, 7 votes, and 7 votes. Yours got 5 votes, as did some others, then some 4's. So I'm not sure if 9 entries in the final poll would change the outcome of the voting.

Anyway, sorry for the inconsistency between what I said before and what I actually did. One advantage I see now to the way I ended up doing it is that it simplifies the final voting.

I don't know, but if you guys figure it out let me know. Because I hate it! And I don't know what to do?!? I use photobucket like alot of others.

Do you save your images as "img" or "html"on photobucket? Use IMG and see if it shows up.......................d

For those who don't have a clue what Jim's talking about...Kaz has rallied his friends on Weber Kettle Club to vote for him in this throwdown. Fair enough, I have no problem with that. But in doing so, Kaz used some inflammatory language to describe Jim and members of TVWBB that stirred up some hard feelings that still exist among some WKC members toward TVWBB. And some of those hard feelings have resulted in me being called a dictator and an anarchist. I don't think that Kaz intended for things to blow-up like this, but it is in fact what has happened over at WKC.

As you might suspect, one of the less fun parts of moderating a BBQ discussion forum is the names that people sometimes call you. I've been called a Fascist, a Nazi-loving, freedom-hating pig, and worse. Over the years, I've come to realize that it just comes with the territory. I try my best to establish rules that keep things running smoothly, and I try to apply those rules fairly. I'm not always perfect, and I sometimes make mistakes. Sometimes people feel like TVWBB is too restrictive, and so they find another home on the web that is more to their liking. But I like to think that I get it right more often than not, and the fact that TVWBB has lasted 13 years and is still growing at 600+ members a month tells me that I'm doing something right, no matter what some people may say.

As for me, I won't take part in any name calling. Some of the people that call me names or that make disparaging comments about TVWBB are people that I considered friends in the past. People that I've met personally, people that I bought grills from or traded grills with. So I won't be calling them names. I think they're basically good people at heart, and I hope we can be friends again someday. I just want everyone to get along. Let bygones be bygones. Bury the hatchet. Whatever metaphor you like.

As for the voting in this throwdown...let's all vote for what we think is the best entry. May the best wings win.

Chris

I see what your talking about Chris...Change my vote to Jims...lol..guess me posting my "hot wife" will not win it for me. I didn't know we could campaign for votes..

Last edited:
I stand by what I said, and I believe my wings to be the best. I don't want anyone to have a bad taste in their mouth over this. I hope our BBQ'n can bring everyone together around a single table to be enjoyed by all sides. With a little heat and friendly competition throwndown for good flavor. Thank you.

Tony your wife is hot, solicit away!

Using the term "fanboys" to describe members of TVWBB and saying that "Lampe has them all brainwashed" and that you want to "kick Lampe's @ss" is an interesting way of trying to "bring everyone together".

And yes, Tony's wife is hot.

Using the term "fanboys" to describe members of TVWBB and saying that "Lampe has them all brainwashed" and that you want to "kick Lampe's @ss" is an interesting way of trying to "bring everyone together".

Thanks Chris. My wife likes it here. To be honest with you Chris I included my wife on many post to show that my wife likes my hobby and we share the same interest....:)

I think it's awesome that you and your wife share the same passion for Weber grilling! I enjoy seeing all of the photos you've posted of your family and friends enjoying good times together around the Weber. Keep on posting 'em, Tony! :)

This all seems silly to me, its a vote on chicken wings. I would hate to read the posts if politics were allowed on this site, or religion for that matter. Remember this is a cooking site, we throw meat on a grill or smoker, cook it, and share our results. Its not like we are striving for World Peace or anything. LIGHTIN UP Francis, geesh!!!!!

While Tony's wife is an attractive woman, please don't let that cloud the fact that she's a better cook than Tony. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back