Sharing the "Weber Wealth" and My Fathers Day Cookin'

Joe InJersey

TVWBB All-Star
First, I'll begin by saying that I have a few grills about town. I can't keep them at home (duplex apartment). I already keep my 22 simpsons OTG here behind the back door, so I kept an 18" and a 22" at my Elks Lodge. We only use the 22" at the lodge. Sooooooooo...

When friends from Ireland (who live in my town now) had a backyard cookout, I brought my 18 over and I cooked all of the usual suspects on it (moinks, wings, dogs and burgers from famous Pat Lafrieda's meats).

They were worried about the party because they didn't know that much about grilling (or cooking in general), and were worried about feeding 40 from a back yard deal. Now they love it. He went out and bought a chimney starter today. I'm kind of happy to say that the new "colossal Kenmore" gasser that they have is getting less and less use.

Here it is at the Elk's (the blue one):
utf-8BSU1HMDAxODktMjAxMTA2MDQtMjIwNS5qcGc.jpg

IMG00014-20091216-1602.jpg

And here it is on Monday night, in their yard, after I gave them a lesson on how to BBQ chicken thighs and legs. Super dog Benny "The Jet" is watching over it. I was always jealous of everybody's beautiful canines in the pics. (He's not mine, but I'm proud to post him with his new grill)...

IMG_20130606_161536_zpse0be34db.jpg

OK
Now onto Father's Day at my Sister's house. She's just the opposite... they have a beautiful new Weber gasser but don't like cooking out. :confused:
I got out there and did my best.

That grill loaded with chicken nuggets (in the foil) and dogs for the kinder, ribeyes and 2 strips in the top corners for the adults. One of the strips was mine. ;)

IMG_20130617_003640_zps8a590693.jpg

Plated pics:

IMG_20130616_181153_zpsb129f312.jpg

IMG_20130616_181146_zpsecc865cb.jpg

I wish I had cut the steak to show the inside... It was a PERFECT mid-rare if I do say so myself. :cool:

I hope all you family men had a nice Fathers Day. I know we did!

Cheers!
-Joe

Oh... and screw you Pat! Im a payin' customer... I'll park where I please!
Lol

IMG_20130524_150236_zpsc91325b1.jpg

Last edited:
You're a hard workin' man, Joe! Spreading the word wherever you go (I mean grill) :) Looks like you spread a lot this weekend and it all looks good.

Sounds like you were a grilling mad man this weekend and a very fine job you did, everything looks great!!

Back