Burnt Offerings Invitational Comp

Paul Richardson

TVWBB Member
Well, our team, Barking Q, is really pleased with our first backyard style comp, Burnt Offerings Invitational in Riverside, CA.

We went up against 13 other teams, most of which have either done the cooked in this event before or they are on the KCBS circuit in the SoCal area. A few had trailer or pellet smokers which could be a little intimidating. We rolled in with our WSM 22, 18's and a kettle.
We cooked chicken, ribs, tri-tip and sauce.

This is our first competition as a team.

We took home Grand Champion. We had second place in chicken, second place in tri-tip. We also won a brand new WSM 18.

Just goes to show you, it isn't the pit, it is the Pitmaster.

Paul,

Congratulations to the Pitmaster and the Barking Q team !!! First time out and GC. Excellent !!!

... Just goes to show you, it isn't the pit, it is the Pitmaster.
No truer words were ever spoken. ( but WSM's sure make it easier... )

( see you next week... ;) )

Bob

Last edited:
Well, our team, Barking Q, is really pleased with our first backyard style comp, Burnt Offerings Invitational in Riverside, CA.

We went up against 13 other teams, most of which have either done the cooked in this event before or they are on the KCBS circuit in the SoCal area. A few had trailer or pellet smokers which could be a little intimidating. We rolled in with our WSM 22, 18's and a kettle.
We cooked chicken, ribs, tri-tip and sauce.

This is our first competition as a team.

We took home Grand Champion. We had second place in chicken, second place in tri-tip. We also won a brand new WSM 18.

Just goes to show you, it isn't the pit, it is the Pitmaster.
Congrats Paul!
Time to get you a second GC: http://socalmeatup.com/index-1.html

Jerry....we might so this one. I will be judging Vista the weekend before and helping cook at the Huntington Beach comp the weekend after. Might be a little much.

Reminds me of the first comp my wife came to visit me at. She was intimidated when she saw all the big smokers and asked how I expected to compete againest them with my WSM. I just smiled when she said that and later in the day, got my call. I just smiled at her again

Back