Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1046

Thread: General 3D Printing Thread

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    Randoms off amazon! 16T GT2 Idler, 6mm belt width, 3mm bore

Sucks that you need 6 of them and they come in packs of 5. If you're willing to wait a few weeks you can get them for like half the price off eBay.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

TVWBB Fan
    Perfect! Thanks for the eBay tip. Good plan
    Weber Performer 02', WSM 18.5, HeaterMeater 4.0, Smokey Joe Gold, Thermapen SF

New member here. Ive been jonesin' for a project lately, and been eyeing the heatermeter for a while. I finally pulled the trigger and I was going to go ahead and print some parts while I wait on the hm kit, but I was wanting to do a little customization to the case and whichever damper design I choose. Are the raw files (or even a step, etc...) available?

I am pretty big into open hardware, and 3d modeling and printing. Here is my work horse:

Here is a build thread if anyone is interested: https://reprap.org/forum/read.php?178,714397

Ooh I do love a nice looking delta printer, and that's a big one! The source file for the 4.3 case is in git. For the dampers, I don't think anyone has released their source files, just STLs. If you want to mod one of those, you can either just model an adapter or just model the piece you want to change, or just use the STLs and "model over" the bit you want to change. I've done all of these methods, as well as modeling a clone of one of the designs from scratch for my personal use.

TVWBB Pro
    Here's a link to my Adapt-a-Damper design in Fusion 360. You're welcome to play around with it and make any mods you like!

https://a360.co/2DcJ5Fk

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Mayland View Post
    Ooh I do love a nice looking delta printer, and that's a big one! The source file for the 4.3 case is in git. For the dampers, I don't think anyone has released their source files, just STLs. If you want to mod one of those, you can either just model an adapter or just model the piece you want to change, or just use the STLs and "model over" the bit you want to change. I've done all of these methods, as well as modeling a clone of one of the designs from scratch for my personal use.
    Yea I tried to import the case stl and convert mesh to brep but the mesh broke along the way. I guess I will try to see if I can somehow import scad.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by WBegg View Post
    Here's a link to my Adapt-a-Damper design in Fusion 360. You're welcome to play around with it and make any mods you like!

https://a360.co/2DcJ5Fk
    Cool. I think you made up my mind on which damper design to go with

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan H - thehebs View Post
    Yea I tried to import the case stl and convert mesh to brep but the mesh broke along the way. I guess I will try to see if I can somehow import scad.
    OpenSCAD generates some invalid triangles in the heatermeter case that I have never been able to work out. You might try running the STL through the netfabb repair service first. I'd suggest just editing the source of the file to get what you want output instead though, depending on what modifications you want to make it could save a lot of time. Fusion360 also imports it although it can't really do much with a MeshBody. What are you trying to modify about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Mayland View Post
    OpenSCAD generates some invalid triangles in the heatermeter case that I have never been able to work out. You might try running the STL through the netfabb repair service first. I'd suggest just editing the source of the file to get what you want output instead though, depending on what modifications you want to make it could save a lot of time. Fusion360 also imports it although it can't really do much with a MeshBody. What are you trying to modify about it?
    I didnt really need to modify much with the case, just kinda wanted to extrude some text and/or a little nerdy kamado logo into the first couple layers, and do an m600 color change on layer 3 like this:

Ill fiddle with it later. I went ahead and started this morning.

Im trying somethin new. 200% first layer extrusion width.

Kinda hard to get a decent pic with the effector whipping around, but heres a shot comparing layer 1 to 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan H - thehebs View Post
    I didnt really need to modify much with the case, just kinda wanted to extrude some text and/or a little nerdy kamado logo into the first couple layers, and do an m600 color change on layer 3 like this:
    I was about to try to figure out what that print is, but as soon as I read QX7 I realized I also have my own QX7 18650 I threw together in 5 minutes as a quick stopgap until I had time to model a good one which hasn't ever happened :-D

Yours is much fancier, although I have only seen mine 3 times because the 3200mAh cells I've put in there last over 20 hours per charge. I see what you're talking about now though and I want you to succeed so we can see what your final design looks like! The first image you posted shows up for me, but the other two googlecontent gives me the big NO symbol so they're not showing up.

If you haven't figured it out already, you can difference() some text and a logo out of the HeaterMeter body

Bitmaps are the same code except instead of "text" use "import" and import an BMP or PNG. The -0.24 magic number in the translate is the depth of the inset.

Yea same here, I can run like 20 or 30 packs in my fpv drones, and never turn the qx7 off and I dont really have to change the 18650's in the qx7. I even power my goggles off the transmitter, through the charge port. You can check out the design, files, BOM, on my website here: http://innov83d.com/index.php/product/qx7-18650/

One of the mods I was debating doing to the HM case is possibly adding in a spot for 18650's to run it battery powered, but im not quite sure how long it would last, and it may just be easier to build a little external battery bank that I can connect to with a little diy barrel jack cord.

The 2nd 2 pics were just showing the 200% extrusion width for layer 1. It made for a pretty beautiful first layer. Heres a little album, lemme know if this works: https://photos.app.goo.gl/b1WYdoZNNcGDzXUg8
    Last edited by Ryan H - thehebs; 01-18-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast