Redi-Chek - the dreaded LLL yet the Smoker probe works on the 'Food' probe side?

W_Stewart

TVWBB Fan
I have what I think is the Redi-Chek ET-73 and plugged in my Smoker probe and put it in my heated up smoker. I got the LLL output which usually means low reading or bad probe. After 20 minutes it never started working including turning on/off and reseating the probe. So I plugged it into the Food socket and the Smoker probe works on that side. So whats the deal? I could order another probe but that probe seems to work...???

Sorry to troll up my own old post but I'm faced with the same probem and trying to avoid buying a whole new thermometer.

In short, the smoker side of my ET-73 only registers LLL. I know the smoker probe is good as it works when I plug it into the Food port on the ET-73. And conversely the food probe also registers LLL when I plug it into the Smoker socket.

Last time a simple R&R of the batteries resolved it but not this time. I tried fresh batteries too.

Is there anything else to try to revive my ET-73? The alternative appears to be to purchase a new ET-73 or ET-732...

Back