My Smoke Day Ribs 2 Days Late

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
I haven't had much time to slow down but I made an exception this Memorial Day. I wanted to do these on Smoke Day 9, just didn't turn out that way, neither did these but, we ate em' I decided to do some St Louis Spares. We were really looking forward to em', I was disappointed but Toni liked them so we're good.
I saw a new way to get the minion going using a Ikea caddy. I bought one awhile back and found a can to use so, here we go.
I got the bowl filled with the can in the middle.

I filled the caddy with 10-15 briquettes

Ribs cover in bone suckin sauce rub

Oh yeah, I found the KB that was on sale, thanks for the heads up. is 340#'s enough?

I also like me pocket knife me fadda gave me, I thought it is fitting for this holiday

I tried another way, I didn't use a pan, just straight over the coals with a couple of fist sized apple chunks. Looked good here about an hour and a half into it

Getting ready to be foiled and I'm starting ti see my mistake, either use a heat sink or adjust your timing.

Toni made the pioneer lady's baked beans, schmokin'

We sat around out in the yard listening to the O's and chillin' with the doggies. On your feet...lose your seat.

What a life. I'm so glad they let us live here, I don't know how they do it

Thanks for looking all, we hope everyone had a great weekend, see you soon.

Grace, Hope, Toni and Gene

Nice cook Gene. The big dogs got it made. Your orioles helped my braves tonight!!

Good lookin ribs! You got your boston terrier to lie down and sleep? Did you drug them?(just kidding)

What didn't you like about the ribs Gene? They look great to me and those beans look perfect!

I lost control of my temp. I had all vents closed in the bottom and it still chugged along at 300+ for awhile. Results, the back side got chared really bad and the bark on the top was so thick, it was ddifficult to cut through. The meat just slid off the bone. I just think it was too hot for too long. We ate em but I didn't want any leftovers, Toni liked em so she ate em'. I chalk it up as a lesson learned. There's a couple of meats I just need more experience with. I'm getting there Mike! :)

That all looks good , brother! I like that G.I. Jackknife , it's got everything you need. Ribs are fussy to cook , but they always are good enough to eat. :wsm:

Thanks everyone, Frank 1989! Me fadda gave it to me and I love it, it's been in my pocket ever since :)

Bob, no chance in H E double hockey sticks would I try....I have to say though, they're suckers for bully sticks :)

Back