International dateline confusion

Monty House

TVWBB Pro
My WSM9 Smoke Day starts in about 12 hours. There was a problem with the Atomic Clock out of Los Alamos.....did you guys hear the news?

I thought it was a tear in the space-time continuum. Wish I could jump in my DeLorean and go back 12 hours and enjoy my Smoke Day all over again. Hope you enjoy yours, Monty! :wsm:

Monty,no worries man! I put a butt on at 9 pm last night. Brisket is going on at 10,and ribs at noon! So long as something is grilled/smoked this weekend,it counts!:wsm:

Doing a butcher paper 16.47 lb Choice packer today. Also have a pot of ranch beans simmering on the back of the stove--soaked the pintos last night. Added some smoked pork rind from a batch of bacon, onion, Rotels, cumin, chili powder, etc. Smells great.

Beans soaking

Layer of KBB, then Lazarri lump mesquite topped with 3/4 lit chimney with pecan (just enough for TBS!)

Dalmation-rubbed packer--I did a fairly serious trim job on it (Who says a big brisket doesn't sit on a 18.5" very well? Thick flat end--nice.)

One hour into the cook (EGADS! :( Is that DIRT on the temp gauge?!?!) 275-300 lid target temp. 4-5 hours then BP 1.5-2 hours.

More to come.......

5 hours in..... I spritzed with a reduced beef broth & wors. sauce mixture, which moistened the slightly burnt pieces (I use those for chopped & sauced portion). Currently in butcher paper.

All in all, good cook but wish I'd pulled ~30 min earlier. The outside flat cuts didn't go over the finger too well (overdone).

Mummy

Unwrapping the mummy

Kate Upton brisket :rolleyes:

Good ingredients don't require fancy

"Triaging" meats, i.e., slices, chopped, throwaway

Looks really good. Making me hungry, and I just finished eating lunch! I've only done a pork butt on my WSM, just got it a week ago, but will be working my way up to brisket. Especially now that I know I can do a whole packer on the 18" WSM. Any tips you care to share? Do you inject your briskets? Do you have a target internal temp you shoot for prior to wrapping?

Back