Cast iron vs stainless steel

Curt Davis

TVWBB Super Fan
Thank you for coming by to answer questions. With respect to the Genesis do you prefer the porcelain enameled cast iron grates or the stainless steel grates and why? Thank you

Curt,
Not a problem at all! This is a very good question. PECI grates have a much different cooking experience then stainless steel. One is not better than the other per say, what it all boils down to personal preference. PECI grates hold and retain heat very well, sear very well and are warrantied for the same amount of time as stainless steel. Stainless steel on the other hand holds heat well, sears well and has a "premium" look and finish to it. Both grates can do the job for many man years. It is hard to tell someone what is better because it is a personal preference issue. It's like a jack and coke. I personally like a little more jack in my coke, others like a perfect combination of both. In the end, we have options and can choose and this is never a bad thing.

Kk

Thank you for the response. Also, I enjoy your blog and Facebook page. I have learned a lot from both.

Back