Grilled Chicken with Alabama White Sauce

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Chicken was seasoned with a mixture of kosher salt and garlic pepper. Refrigerated, uncovered,
for 5 hours to let the skin dry.

Put onto the Performer, using RO lump and a chunk of pecan and apple wood. Skin side down for
the first 30 minutes. Cooking at 350 to 375. Chicken was flipped after 35 minutes (no photo).

Chicken is done.

Chicken was drizzled with Big Bob Gibson’s Alabama White Sauce (Meathead’s way) and served
with sautéed zucchini and onions.

I have always been disappointed with the rubbery skin on my chicken, so this time I tried a
different method and it definitely crisped the skin. I believe I can attribute this to the uncovered
dry brine and the higher temperatures. This is definitely the way I will be doing my chicken for now on.
Really delicious, juicy and with just the right amount of smoke flavor.

Thanks for looking!

Great looking chicken Mike!!! I tried the Alabama White Sauce quite a while back and wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I thought it was really good, especially after a couple of days after I made it.

Love The Chicken Mike!
I gotta try the 'Bama white sauce someday, seen it many times....
Wonderful dinner you cooked up buddy!

Looks out of this world! I have to try a batch of that white sauce aswell. Thanks for sharing buddy!

Yes! Your chicken looks much better than the site in the link!!!
You're the experienced chef Mike.
And here is the proof

DSC_0732_zps15bb3cf7.jpg

That really is some great-looking chicken!! And outstanding presentation. I agree on the yellow plate, it makes the food pop.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this Texas boy is gonna have to break down and try the white sauce finally. I've yet to see or hear anything that I'd consider the least bit appetizing about it.........until now ;)

Back